New Game Advise

I am going to start a new game as Liverpool. My laptop will handle 100+k players. I'm just wondering what the ideal nr of leagues is? I normally add England,Italy, Holland, Spain, Brazil, USA, France, Germany. If I select Large database and then customise it to add "players from nationality of Spain or Italy" how does this change the players it loads?

How do others setup a new game?

You are loading too many players for the number of leagues.

On the plus side there will be lots of players available to sign for free but this means lots will also retire as there won't be enough clubs to sign them and you'll have no chance of selling players.

Personally I tend to stick to a continent so I would bin Brazil & USA. Load England, Scotland, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, Holland & Portugal as a basic setup on a small database. You can then add more European nations if you think your PC can handle it

More leagues in Europe will make the European competitions more realistic while just having the one league loaded in South/North America adds little to those continental competitions (and you probably aren't that interested in them anyway).

Other than that playable > view only > not at all.

Personally I set them all as playable but it really depends on your PC specs and your speed expectations.

I usually add England, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Holland, Portugal, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina as playable leagues. View-only is hardly helping at all as the matches aren't played but simulated, unlike in playable leagues.

Oh, and in the nation I'm playing in I add all leagues - the rest only top league.

If it is correct that adding more players cause some transfer market issues, it is probably not worth it. There are plenty of players in my game-world, and I get bids for my players all the time.

I usually prefer a Career and having loads of teams and Players I'm familiar with,also the option to compete in all CL's(I have never come close to even managing in two yet)so it's all in with the UK.

With Large Database my basic Laptop handles:-

Europe:All England Conf N/S,Wales,Ireland,N Ireland & Scotland.

The big Leagues to level 2:Spain,Italy,Germany,France National.

And a 2/3 others From:Holland,Belgium or Portugal for bargain hunting quality players.And Russia or Turkey to give a bit of balance to the Continent.and rarely a Scandinavian one.

Asia:As it offers the best chance of success in the Asian Champions league.S Korea. If my Laptops struggling as it did more with FM 12, India for a small addition to the database.

S America:Argentina,good famous recognisable sides with a chance for the Copa libertadores and not a mass of competitions or as big as Brazil.

N America: MLS seems more familiar yet bizarre squad and transfer rules.Or Mexico a stronger league with more traditional Transfer and squad rules + relegation/promotion, yet I know nothing about it's leagues or Players.

Africa : S Africa.No choice

Archived