"Evo-Gens" and Players not Coming Back

I'm not sure if this is something that SI are willing to share some info on, but I'd love to understand a bit more about the new regen system, given my recent experiences with it.

In my most recent career Ryan Giggs retired at the end of the first season, as per usual. Shortly afterwards, up pops a decent looking, Welsh M LC, who I snapped up for a very reasonable price. Years later he had developed into a decent player, but nowhere near the usual quality you'd expect from a Giggs regen, so I decided to use the unofficial save editor to have a look under the bonnet. I was surprised to see that his PA was only 94, which would suggest that he wasn't Giggs at all. However, there is no other player in that save's database who could be the Welsh wizard reborn.

A similar thing happened in both of my last two saves with Gareth Bale. He retired and a young Welshman appeared soon after, with the same positions, but looking pretty poor quality, aside from very high technique. His PA was a whopping 44. I checked more than a year after Bale's retirement and, once again, there was no other player in the save, Welsh or otherwise, that could possibly be Bale's regen.

So, what I'd like to know is, can PA change when a player regenerates or can a player vanish permanently, only to be replaced in the database by a randomly created player with the same positions, more or less, but a random PA (although it would amount to the same thing, in practice).

I've only noticed it with Welsh players (Ramsey seemed to disappear in my previous save), which seems unduly harsh, since they don't exactly have a strong national squad to begin with.

I'm not sure if this is something that SI are willing to share some info on, but I'd love to understand a bit more about the new regen system, given my recent experiences with it.

In my most recent career Ryan Giggs retired at the end of the first season, as per usual. Shortly afterwards, up pops a decent looking, Welsh M LC, who I snapped up for a very reasonable price. Years later he had developed into a decent player, but nowhere near the usual quality you'd expect from a Giggs regen, so I decided to use the unofficial save editor to have a look under the bonnet. I was surprised to see that his PA was only 94, which would suggest that he wasn't Giggs at all. However, there is no other player in that save's database who could be the Welsh wizard reborn.

A similar thing happened in both of my last two saves with Gareth Bale. He retired and a young Welshman appeared soon after, with the same positions, but looking pretty poor quality, aside from very high technique. His PA was a whopping 44. I checked more than a year after Bale's retirement and, once again, there was no other player in the save, Welsh or otherwise, that could possibly be Bale's regen.

So, what I'd like to know is, can PA change when a player regenerates or can a player vanish permanently, only to be replaced in the database by a randomly created player with the same positions, more or less, but a random PA (although it would amount to the same thing, in practice).

I've only noticed it with Welsh players (Ramsey seemed to disappear in my previous save), which seems unduly harsh, since they don't exactly have a strong national squad to begin with.

Hi

Sure I saw a post on vibe in which the nationality of the regen is sometimes different from that of the retired player

• SI Staff

As mentioned previously the new system isn't 'regeneration' based purely and evo-gens are slightly different and less predictable than was previously the case.

I'm not going to go hugely into what happens as I think too much knowledge of the game engine is detrimental to peoples enjoyment of it - however the database balance is retained (ie. the PA doesn't disappear) ....

Hmm, interesting. Most players seem to regen much as before, albeit they often change position a little. So a player with the same PA is created somewhere, but they could be completely different from the other player in all other respects? As an example, a German goalkeeper appeared about the same time as Bale retired, with the same PA as Bale.

It seems that at the same time a more conventional regen of the original player appears, but with a different PA. PA swapping at work, perhaps?

Sorry, don't mean to pry. Just fascinated by the regen process :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, interesting. Most players seem to regen much as before, albeit they often change position a little. So a player with the same PA is created somewhere, but they could be completely different from the other player in all other respects? As an example, a German goalkeeper appeared about the same time as Bale retired, with the same PA as Bale.

It seems that at the same time a more conventional regen of the original player appears, but with a different PA. PA swapping at work, perhaps?

Sorry, don't mean to pry. Just fascinated by the regen process :D

I would very much like to hear a dev's response to this question. I haven't played any FMH in months, but this would bring me back, I think...

It does seem to work as a regen system a lot of the time, though. Suarez and Ronaldo's "regens" are very identifiable in my current save, along with a lot of others, then you get massive departures like poor old Bale and Giggs :)

It's clearly a conspiracy against the Welsh!

Archived