Force dual nationality of regens at clubs

Slabbekoorn

Hi, I'm new here. I'm pretty capable of working with the FM editor, I have done so for a couple of years. But I'm having trouble with my new database. Someone else made the entire Dutch structure, from Eredivisie to 5e Klasse amateurs. And I'm trying to improve it. Now my next request may sound weird because, well it is but I'm trying to create a realistic database. So I'm having trouble with the following issue:

In Holland we have a lot of amateur clubs, even some of them are amateur clubs who prefer/demand a second nationality. vv Barca for instance is a Moroccan club. And there are also some Indonesian and Turkish clubs in Holland as well. So you'll get where I'm going. As it stands now, those clubs mostly produce normal Dutch regens like any other club. But those clubs should actually produce Dutch/Moroccan(or Indonesian or Turkish) regens. I've tried a couple of things but not all of them gave the wanted results:

- If I keep the nation and continental cup nation in Holland, and change the club based in Morocco then I'll get Moroccan players only (and they aren't European so they're not eligible for their youth squad).

- If I keep the nation, based in nation and continental cup nation in Holland, and change the city of the club to a Moroccan city then I do get more Dutch/Moroccan players. But not all of them are Moroccan.

- If I change Athletic Bilbao to vv Barca and (manually) change Pay Basque to Morocco while keeping the club in Holland entirely than I do get dual nationality regens + the players have to have a Moroccan nationality. (this is the outcome that I want)

Now my question are:

- Is there a better way to do this?

- We probably can't add club restrictions like Athletic but is there no file I could try to edit with notepad?

- Or does someone else know a club that has a nationality restriction like Athletic has (outside from its 2 feeder clubs?)

Easy. Set their city to a Moroccan one, now go to that city and edit its local region to one in Holland. That way all players born will have Dutch second nationality and Moroccan first. It will work the other way round too, so you can have all players with Moroccan second nationality and Dutch first.

Also I'm working on this matter and I did the following tests in some swiss clubs which represent strangers communities, f.i. FC Kosova Zurich (team formed quite totally by kosovar or albanian players).

To make this test I forced game to fill missing players in available teams, so it created random young and older players without waiting the creation of young regens in the club. These are the results:

1) I kept the nation and continental cup nation in Switzerland, and change the based nation in Albania: all staff was albanian (good) while players were quite totally swiss with swiss names and the worst result was that all players seemed to play in Albania because in every personal details tab appeared the number of days in this country (Albania!!!) before getting the 2nd nationailty. It's weird because swiss players playing in Switzerland could get albanian nationality... Bad.

2) I kept the nation, based in nation and continental cup nation in Switzerland, then I duplicated base city (Zurich), creating a sort of city quarter (Zurich qt. Kosovo), keeping swiss nationality but changing population (10% of total according to real stats about immigration in Switzerland) and changing the spoken language (albanian): I had a good result because staff and many players were only swiss, some players were swiss/albanian but all of them had realistic albanian mixed names and speaking albanian language together with german or french (swiss main languages). Good.

3) I tried the 2nd test changing the nationality of the duplicated city (set in Albania) but keeping it in a swiss region: result wasn't good and totally unrealistic because all players and staff were only albanian! Too Bad!

I didn't edit stadium place in any test.

In my opinion the 2nd test is the best even if not perfect. Hope it can help :) .

Hey I just want to post real quick that you guys are awesome! Your suggestions work like a charm, I'll test some extra stuff this weekend and report it here.

Setting the city to a Moroccan one does the trick, although they've already chosen their nation that they want to represent. Not that it matters that much because they are playing for a Moroccan amateur club anyways!

And I have a question for nigerio regarding your second test:

You did not remove the original city right? You just copied it, changed the language (and the region?), population and then kept it on the same spot as the original Zurich. So there are 2 cities named Zurich right?

Yes, I duplicated city so I had:

1) original "Zurich" with default settings;

2) new "Zurich qt. Kosovar", with only difference given by spoken language (albanian) and population (1% of whole Zurich).

Region and coordinates are the same, as the stadium is always set in original Zurich. About stadium, I didn't set it in created city becase it was used by other Zurich teams.

Try and let us know the result.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have tried a lot of different approaches. And came to the conclusion that the best way to force a dual nationality is indeed changing the city's nation and then edit the local region. Unfortunately they have already chosen for their nation that they want to represent. And the most natural result is indeed dublicating the city, changing the language and then you could also create clubs in the other nation, make it a satellite club and make sure the box 'young player training' is ticked, that way you'll get more regens of that nationality AND if that nation is outside of the EU then they will automatically add your country's nation as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have another question in this topic. So as I see, you have found a way to force players to have a specific nationality, or at least mixed names.

But for a project i'm working on, I need to have all players and staff with dual nationalities (the one of the newly created "country" and a random one from any country already in the game). Is there any way to force the random second nationality ? I can't have only the first (since it is not really a nationality, just something in common for the players and staff of the teams), and I don't want to choose the second nationality (even if I can choose one more likely to appear for most of the teams).

I don't care if they choose to play for the new country, since I want them to do so, but I'd like to avoid having only new/scottish or new/nigerians in one team. The idea is more "17 french, 4 belgians, 5 swiss" on team A, "13 english, 6 scottish, 2 irish, 1 french, 4 bulgarians" on team B and so on: a "region" from where most of the players/staff will come, a few "oddities" and all with dual nationalities without exception.

I hope i'm clear and you'll have any ideas but thanks for reading anyway :p

Archived