Anyone else feel like this is one of the dullest years to manage in the premiership?

There is very little in middle way in the premiership at the moment.

Its either too easy or you really have to dig in, not much in the way of middle ground for casual games.

Usually I like to do games with Arsenal / Liverpool / Spurs and turn them into long term world beaters.

This year though they are as strong as all the other big teams and anything less than competing for the title immediately is a disappointment.

Newcastle & Southampton & possibly Everton offer decent challenges but they are light-years away in terms of infrastructure and financial/rep muscle compared to the top 6.

There is no big club with a poor squad currently to fit the void!

---

Shame as I just cant get into any saves, I dont have the willpower to go down leagues and learn the secrets of LLM

Newcastle can be a good long term game, sometimes you get investment which you can put towards facilities.

Try something like: Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Dery County or the 2 Sheffield clubs.

Wake up the sleeping giants.

Newcastle seem to be prone to the sugar daddy investment. I always end up with a ridiculous squad when playing as them.

Championship sleeping giant has potential.

I did start a Sheffield Utd one earlier but soon realised my woeful knowledge of the player base at that level meant the game wouldnt be personal enough for me.

Shameful really as I have been a Charlton season ticket holder all my life. Should know these leagues like the back of my hand..

My main issue in finding a team is that why I like to be financially prudent (I like to make a profit each year), I like to be able to bring in big name/rep youngsters almost immediately.

----

Im considering taking over Man United and gutting the squad, holidaying till the end of the season and then starting from there..

Might be more interesting.

The forums are full of people who use Everton/Southampton etc and have won titles and European trophies within 3-4 seasons.

I got Norwich a CL in 4 years, which was a tad surprising. I tried a long term save with Roma, but got bored after winning everything for years on end. It's not just the PL, any big team it's quite easy to smash everything.

Archived