World Golden Ball

I just wanted to see whether people are having a similar experience to me. I apologise if this is already in another thread or if this thread is in the wrong forum.

For the last few years (FM 11,12,13) I have felt that the game is slightly biased towards Messi. It seems as those he is almost guaranteed to win the award even when he is undeserving of it, although I do admit he has won the award on merit quite a few times and I have no problem when it is deserved. I have seen a few people claiming the award is based upon average rating but I feel this is inconsistent in game.

Messi has recently won with 20 Goals and 15 Assists in 48 Appearances, with an average rating of 7.72.

Ronaldo came 3rd with 32 Goals 13 Assists in 48 Appearances, with an average rating of 7.89.

Neymar came 2nd with stats lower than both.

Ronaldo still plays for Madrid (I currently manage Man Utd) he was top goal scorer in La Liga last year with Madrid winning the title. My own striker had stats above and beyond both Messi and Ronaldo but he is only 19 so was not likely to win this award (he won European Golden Boy instead). I have had many more examples like this in FM version previously.

Any thoughts?

I just wanted to see whether people are having a similar experience to me. I apologise if this is already in another thread or if this thread is in the wrong forum.

For the last few years (FM 11,12,13) I have felt that the game is slightly biased towards Messi. It seems as those he is almost guaranteed to win the award even when he is undeserving of it, although I do admit he has won the award on merit quite a few times and I have no problem when it is deserved. I have seen a few people claiming the award is based upon average rating but I feel this is inconsistent in game.

Messi has recently won with 20 Goals and 15 Assists in 48 Appearances, with an average rating of 7.72.

Ronaldo came 3rd with 32 Goals 13 Assists in 48 Appearances, with an average rating of 7.89.

Neymar came 2nd with stats lower than both.

Ronaldo still plays for Madrid (I currently manage Man Utd) he was top goal scorer in La Liga last year with Madrid winning the title. My own striker had stats above and beyond both Messi and Ronaldo but he is only 19 so was not likely to win this award (he won European Golden Boy instead). I have had many more examples like this in FM version previously.

Any thoughts?

I'm pretty sure it's based on Reputation/Average Rating so whilst Messi and co don't get amazing goals/game ratios, their reputation and high average rating gives them the advantage.

The moment FM12 crowned Messi world player of the year despite him doing **** all for Barca (only 18 goals and 10 assists, which is pretty miserable considering his abilities) and ignored every single one of my players despite producing a clean sweep of trophies (stuffing Messi in the CL along the way) I told myself where to stuff this silly award that is judged on the player's Rep and not what they contribute on the field.

Archived