What is the most unlikely Golden Boot winner you've seen?

Was just having a look at Derby (as I saw they've signed a 34 year old Tevez) and noticed Oscar Cardozo won the European Golden Boot Award last season. I knew he won it for the Premier League, but I would have thought someone else would beat him to the European award. Jordan Rhodes came in second with Danny Welbeck coming in third. I am managing none of these sides.

http://gyazo.com/29f7b6c97001fd6581f341bb4a32f933

Cardozo (before his attributes falls off a cliff) is so often challenging for European Golden Boot I don't see him as a surprise anymore. Rhodes (in my saves at least) is an impressive goal machine whether or not you manage him. Though Danny Welbeck is a surprise :lol:

The most unexpected Golden Boot winner I have seen was on FM12 when Kevin Gameiro outscored just about every human being in Europe by at least 10 goals on his way to the award with 40 league goals. And I wasn't managing PSG.

I would've posted Giroud (won it 2nd season in my save), but he won it the year before Cardozo did in your save, which kind of cheapens it

edit: I'm curious to see who wins it in season 3 in my save, the top EPL scorer only got 18 of them

European Golden Shoe winner was Belfodil (Inter) with 44 points, beating out Hamed-Allah (Club Brugge) with 42 points and Jackson Martinez (Porto) with 40 points

Archived