FMH 2014 iCloud saves

First off, awesome new version! UI is slick, looks great, new features are good and the game runs smooth on both my iphone 5 and 4th gen iPad. I can't for the life of me work out how to use iCloud for saved games though?

iCloud is enabled on both devices but see no options with in device settings for FMH?

Then on the device I don't get a option to save to cloud...

I know it's some thing small I've overlooked but after reading the support FAQs can't work out what :(

I also have no option to delete saved games, is this correct?

• SI Staff

Could you try rebooting your device and let me know if that helps? Also please make sure iCloud is signed in.

This isn't something we've seen or heard of anyone having an issue with so far so the more info you could give the better - what device are you using/OS are you running?

• SI Staff
When you say signed in, you mean turned on?

That you have a valid account signed in at the top of the iCloud settings.

FMH doesn't appear on the list of iOS functions that use cloud - rather it's found within Storage and Backup -> Manage Storage -> Documents and Data

• SI Staff
I have iPad mini 6.1.4 and iPhone 5 6.1.3 with same apple account. Each devices save its own game on iCloud so I just can't share saves between devices. Tried rebooting and re-installing but same issue.

You're absolutely sure if you go into Settings -> iCloud it's the same account shown at the top?

If so, please try logging out from both devices, rebooting, logging in again.

• SI Staff
How does icloud work. If I save a saved game on my iphone though icloud, does that mean I will be able to pick it up on my ipad? and vise versa

Yes, that's correct. Swipe from the Save Screen or use the bookmark menu button to reach the iCloud Save Screen. Save in one of the iCloud slots and you should then be able to load the game from the same iCloud slot on any other device logged into the same iCloud account.

It seemed to be an iCloud glitch for the last few hours. Each device had it's own saved data (with different size) in the iCloud Documents & Data display. Then I constantly had iCloud error message when trying to save. At some point when I tried to go to the iCloud game load I would see the saves from device B very shortly (less than a second) then the page refreshes and goes back to the saves versions of device A. Then when I refresh the Documents & Data save display it changes once in a while (sizes of saves, number of saves) without me doing anything.

OK here's the good part: it's now working!

I have Icloud running on my Ipad and Iphone but can't see how you save a game to icloud. The App is showing as backing up data to the cloud in settings but I can't see how you save to it from the game. I've seen the exchanges saying you swipe or bookmark but not clear how that works. Nothing I do from the save screen in the game does anything.

• SI Staff
I have Icloud running on my Ipad and Iphone but can't see how you save a game to icloud. The App is showing as backing up data to the cloud in settings but I can't see how you save to it from the game. I've seen the exchanges saying you swipe or bookmark but not clear how that works. Nothing I do from the save screen in the game does anything.

Can you try rebooting your device, then logging out and in again to iCloud before booting the game? Thanks.

• SI Staff

Just out of interest - on the 'save game' page are the 'tab' circles showing indicating that there are seperate sections?

(if so then swiping should move you to viewing the 'cloud' games)

If no cloud games exist then obviously you can't load them initially - when saving to save to cloud do the same thing, swipe to move to the cloud area then save into a slot within that.

• 2 months later...
  • SI Staff
Hi,

I have accidentally overwritten the wrong saved game on my icloud. Is there any way to retrieve the old saved game at all???

Its possible that you might have a local autosave game of the same game if you haven't turned it off - best bet is to move to view 'local' saves and then load each auto-save in turn and check.

Its possible that you might have a local autosave game of the same game if you haven't turned it off - best bet is to move to view 'local' saves and then load each auto-save in turn and check.

Thanks for the reply, but both the auto saves are for the same game. I have no way of getting the other save game that I overwrote. Serves me right for not paying attention!

That you have a valid account signed in at the top of the iCloud settings.

FMH doesn't appear on the list of iOS functions that use cloud - rather it's found within Storage and Backup -> Manage Storage -> Documents and Data

Alari, I'm using an ipad 2 and can't save to icloud. I've read your other posts on here so I've rebooted and made sure I see fmh in the manage and storage area of icloud. Still no icloud save option. I DO, however see a file next to fmh in the storage and backup. Could that be from my iphone that I saved? If so, how do I load it on ipad...again no icloud load button.

• SI Staff
Alari, I'm using an ipad 2 and can't save to icloud. I've read your other posts on here so I've rebooted and made sure I see fmh in the manage and storage area of icloud. Still no icloud save option. I DO, however see a file next to fmh in the storage and backup. Could that be from my iphone that I saved? If so, how do I load it on ipad...again no icloud load button.

What file is it that you see next to FMH?

• SI Staff

'Documents and Data' is set to 'On' in the iCloud settings on the device? And FMH2014 is set within that area to be allowed to store documents and data?

Really struggling to see what's going on here, clearly the game can't contact the cloud on your iPad for some reason but the setup sounds correct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
Hi, i don't use the iCloud feature but is there anyway i could delete a save on the game? thanks

You can simply overwrite saves but if you really want to delete, you can do so in iTunes via the apps -> documents area.

• 7 months later...

I recently got a new phone (6) and downloaded Fm2014. When I tried to save it in iCloud, I got an error 'unable to save in iCloud, please check connection and try again in a few minutes. I had no problem with my previous phone (4s) or on my iPad. I deleted the game (and all it files) from all 3 devices, rebooted and downloaded again and get the same error and don't even have the option to save in iCloud on my iPad anymore (attached) or my previous phone. Can anyone please advise what could be causing this.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I hope someone can help me as I am getting very frustrated.

I have a game saved on my iPhone which I have uploaded to the iCloud. The in game date is 16/2/13 but when I look at game saves on my iPad i can see no game save to load under the iCloud option

i am connected to the Internet on my iPad and previously it found a save but at 1/1/13 for some reason even though it doesn't match the above game save.

Now I cant see any. Can anyone help?

• 1 year later...
  • SI Staff
Hi, I try to save the game in iCloud but there's this words: "impossible save iCloud file" and "control the connection and try again in a few minutes" What should I do?

If this is for FMH 2014, Apple made changes that broke it. If for FMM 2016, it sounds like FMM has not been given access to your iCloud.

Archived