3 season and only one direct free kick goal ever + wierd pass over the backline bug

So after 3 season into the game on aspect is seriously missing! In all the matches I've played ONLY 1 direct free kick goal has been scored, and ONLY 1 against me.. lots of free-kick header and pass shot goals, but still only one direct on goal shot goal..

And iv'e got Douglas Costa (Fk 19, tech 19) and Quintero (fk 18, tech 17) shooting all the time.. last game against Lazio i had 5 on goal, all supremely placed in the corner, and 2 one the crossbar. all of the 5 epic placed shots, was easily caught by the keeper with ease.. if its within the goal, the keeper ALWAYS Catches it, and I get around 4-5 free-kick shots a game.. Seriously, 3 seasons! this bug, or lack of realism, is disappointing since it take away that part of the game..:thdn:

This however doesnt appear to happen in the simulation of other matches.. I've been keeping a close watch over Christian Eriksen whom has reached a monsterous 19 on Free-kick (:D) and he get's 2-3 goals a season minimum of direct free-kick shot on goal shots.. -.-

And now for the second bug..

half the time a player gets to the backline, instead of going for the cross, or back playing, the play a short dead ball over the back line.. most of the time, standing still before the "pass".. AND if it hits a defender, they will try again, and again, until its a goal kick.. sure they might be going for a corner kick, BUT this even happens when they're all alone, or in a counter attack.. and its not because they lose the ball due to a bad dribble or first touch..they have complete control of the ball.. and they decide to throw away possession or a golden opportunity by passing it slowly of the back line :confused:

I have to backup what the OP wrote. I'm playing Juventus, I can say Pirlo is among the best free kicker in world (if not the best) but after 1 season and half he scored 1 (one!) goal from free kick, when he should be a death sentence from just outside the box. And that was the only goal scored from free kick seen so far.

3/4 of the way through 1st season in the premier league, and if i look at the team stats in the division, there have only been 2 direct free kick goals (this was from the previous patch)

Seems to have picked up a little for me since the most recent patch (14.1.3?) but does seem a little odd.

Glad to hear im not the only one experiencing this issue - without going of topic, I took a general and throughout look through the many goals over the last season - over half of them where scored of second shots after the keeper saved the first shot. And under 3 % is scored from long shots, even though my starting midfield has 16,18,17 on long shots and attackers have 17,19 and 16 - :-S headers have increased after the last patch, but the in general something is off with the keeper abilities - All 'dem keepers are Khan's and Schmeichels! - under 4% of all goals are scored from direct free kick shots, and long shots - Get a little range to the shot, and they'll save it arround 80 -95 % of the time it hits goal!! (quick math here)

maybe my steam isnt working up to date with auto patch or something, or my game is really acting weird - surely this cannot be a general thing happening here and there...

Lack of free kick goals is an acknowledged issue - relating to ball physics. For that reason, it is an exceptionally hard thing to fix as it would affect every kick of the game. I'm sure it's being worked on, but I wouldn't expect miracles in the next update.

hluraven: with the fear of sounding like an ugratefull brat, i think it's great that they've spotted it and are working on it - But, im generally a litte pi"zzed". Of course no games are released without flaws, but the general trend that games gets released with bigger and "harder to overlook" mistakes it's getting to the best of the game makers, (SIgames) included.. I find it extremely hard to believe the SIgames hasn't noted this, or spottet it before during testing of the game.. It took me one week, in my free time, to notice it, and on the forums i can find besides this, im not the only one.. And what kind of changes to the mechanics have they made from fm13 since the ball is now "acting" out - if big changes, then run some thorough testing at least 3 times, before charging money for it..

For me it's like a glass that suddenly shatters - before i started to count, note and actually pay attention to the statistics, i enjoyed the.. but know, i can't take my eye's of it, as it is all i see.. have you read my stats on goals ( 45-50 % on seconds shot saves, 3-4 % on free kicks and longs) that's just not a little "issue" or bug.. that's a Huge part of this game.. So yeah, at a certain point, from a consumer point of view, AND as a guy who works within the picth, sales and product theoretics and systems, I expect this issue to be worked out as fast as possible!! Cause for me, this has made the game kinda unplayable for me.. Getting seriously ******* over buying former great games these days, only to wait 1-2 months before the game actually works as intended..

Archived