Steve Kean is too trigger happy.

I have Steve Kean as my club 2 manager. He is currently managing a horde of hot prospects in Norwegian Second division where my reserve team is currently in.

I figured I'd give him a shot since he did manage (or burn) Blackburn.

My 2nd (reserve) team should be topping the league at least on paper, yet he keeps losing some of really easy matches and keeps giving out unnecessary warnings. I am seeing one warning every 2 matches. I see warnings even after games being won.

div2table_zps8e1bf8ed.png

The most ridiculous warning I've seen from him is below. His team won 3 - nil. He's managing kids. Quit giving them warnings just because the lad performed badly. Jeez.

3-0_zpsd3f818e7.png

warning_zpsccf0bb07.png

theteam_zpsf749fbb8.png

I think I may have to fire him. :p

I think you've found a bigger issue- notice that the warning says the player Kean is warning actually plays for the other team (Fana), who did lose 3-0, even though he clearly played half a game for your side, managed by Kean.

That said, he did come off at half-time, when the score was 0-0. He could've had a bad half.

Or Steve Kean could just be useless.

The warning looks like he played for Fana, as Lawlore says, but he's on your Haugesund 2's squad list. I wouldn't put it past Steve Kean to think he was managing Fana and mistake a Fana player for Bjorkkaer but still, this is probably a bug.

Didn't used to be this often in previous versions. I guess it's how it works in FM 2014. Steve has got his own assistant, coaches and even physio! He has better not let me down.

The warning looks like he played for Fana, as Lawlore says, but he's on your Haugesund 2's squad list. I wouldn't put it past Steve Kean to think he was managing Fana and mistake a Fana player for Bjorkkaer but still, this is probably a bug.

The kid is a bit of an odd ball. He's got 17 in tackle but everything else is below 10 except for fitness and stamina. He isn't likely to get good rating but he is just a kid atm. And, yes, how the message sounds like he played for Fana is a bug. The kid is a home-grown player at my club. If I can get his marking, jumping and few aspects of his mental abilities up to around 13, he could turn out to be okay. He will probably never make it into first 11 tho.

Archived