How does swap position work in FM14?

Hi, in the Player Instruction screen I have the option to select "Swap Position" but not the option to select who to swap with. How does it work then?

Say I play a 4-2-3-1. I want my AMC and AML to swap positions. Can I do this by selecting "swap position" on both of them? How then does it work if in addition to that, I want my two DMs to swap positions with each other?

also, it would be nice if someone who owns the beta could tell:

once you do swap the players, is it possible to change individual instructions for players? I mean, if you swap your AMC for AML, can you change his instructions or does he automaticaly overtake instructions of AML?

To give you an example:

With the BETA, I took over Man Utd. I made a 4-2-3-1 deep with Rooney in the AMC slot and Kagawa in the AML. I gave Rooney a set of instructions about how to play when in the AMC slot and separate instruction for when he plays as a AML. Did the same with Kagawa.

I wanted them to switch positions and when they do, adopt the different instructions I gave them for each position every time they switch.

So that is sorted, but now I can't get them to automatically switch. Swap Position is available for each player but no option to specify who to swap with. I clicked the button for both players, but it didn't work as far as I could tell.

so they have finally made it worth but they made it impossible to swap :) maybe a thing to report in the bug forum?*

Indeed :)

RTHerringbone, said elsewhere that he is looking into it as well. I'll post in the bugs forum if he hasn't found an answer.

bugger.

while tactics are much improved there are still few issues:

- swapping players

- target man/playmaker problem where you can not have a PM or TM role without them being designated PM/TM

- no ability to see which individual instructions are default for certain roles (when you go to player instructions, you see greyed out options, green (currently applied instructions) and red (conlflicting). The confusion is made by greyed out as they, as I understand, consist of unavailable and default instructions for given position/role. I believe SI should use another code (lets say blue) for default instructions.

when they sort this out, the tactics will be as intended, still can't believe they made PM's and TM's so rigid you cant chose between ticking them on and off.

I can see why they got rid of being able to set a playmaker. Surely by selecting a playmaking role, you want him to be a playmaker? If you have more than one playmaking role, but only want balls funneled through one, then why have other playmaker roles assigned in the first place? Those players won't perform like playmakers would/should, so they should have a different role.

I am fine with them removing being able to set who your target man is too. We have roles for this for the flanks now and the striker position.

The one thing I do miss is being able to select where to play the ball to your target man. To Head, To Feet and Run Onto Ball is something we can't replicate currently (that I am aware of).

Actually, thinking about it some more, you can. Target Man roles will get it to those players quickly and also they will be a focus on crosses. So these are the bigger guys.

If you're after a Target Man - To Feet type, set a playmaker role. If you're after a Poacher type target man that runs onto the ball, just set more through balls on the supporting players.

What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived