Panini Portrait Pictures & Icons Megapack 14

Don-Muchacho

pppmegapack14gms3r.png

We recommend to use a download manager like JDownloader.

Visit the original topic on www.meistertrainerforum.de for more information. (English and German)

We will answer Questions there much faster.

Download PPP Megapack 14

- Update I will be published around 01/08/2013 -

If you have any further questions or want to talk with us, just write an E-Mail to: support {at} fmfaces {dot} net

Installationmanual & advices english

What does the Megapack contain?

The Panini Portrait Pictures & Icons Megapack 14 contains all the graphics which have been created until the 30th of June 2013. The Megapack also contains the pictures as icons.

What are the icons about?

The icons are resized, very small versions of the normal Panini pictures. There are used in the search screen for example. In this way you get a first impression what the player looks like without having to switch to the individual profile page.

What about the Update Packages?

Update packages are usually released at the beginning of the each month. They contain the pictures which have been edited or updated during the last month.

There are a lot of different links? What do I have to download?

Please read the following paragraph in total to avoid misunderstandings and errors. If there are postings being related to questions dealt with in this tutorial, we will just be forwarding you to read the instructions again.

In order to have the complete set of Panini pictures, you will have to download all the 8 parts of the Megapack. We have uploaded them to different hosters which should enable all free users to get them in an easy way. You may also use different hosters to download all the parts. However, it is important to have 8 files named "Panini Portraits & Icons Megapack 14.part1.rar" to "Panini Portraits & Icons Megapack 14.part8.rar" to start with.

The Update Package as well as the Icon Megapack only consist of one file, that means that there is no difference where to download those files from.

How to unzip the files?

Use a proper program to unzip the files. We recommend to use WinRar (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm). Other programs are 7zip (www.7-zip.com) for Windows user and The Unarchiver for Mac user. You have to unzip the first part *.part1.rar only! The following parts of the Megapack are unzip automatically afterwards.

Where to put the unzipped folder?

The Panini Pictures folder needs to be put in to the user-folder of the Football Manager, which is typically located at *user-folder*/graphics/players.

What do i have to do now in order to see the pictures ingame?

Having just downloaded, unzipped and put the Megapack to the right folder for the first time, it is not difficult to complete the procedure from there on:

Step 1: Start the FM

Step 2: Wipe the cache

Step 3: Reload the skin

Check if the pictures should be displayed correctly, then move to step 4.

Step 4: Tick “Use skin cache” to improve loading times drastically.

If you have installed an Update pack, there is one additional step you need to follow, and that is to refresh the config.xml file. Just follow these steps:

Step 1: Refresh the config.xml file

Step 2: Start the FM

Step 3: Wipe the cache

Step 4: Reload the skin

Check if the pictures should be displayed correctly, then move to step 4.

Step 5: Tick “Use skin cache” to improve loading times drastically.

Why to use a Download Manager?

Even though being zipped, the Panini Megapack is very large. That is why we recommend a Download Manager to download the parts. The weapon of our choice is the JDownloader JDownloader. Using the JDownloader, you are able to download the Megapack using a container which contains all the links. JDownloader is also able to unzip the files automatically, repair broken files and to identify corrupt files. If you are using JDownloader to download the Megapack, you will find yourself presented with one zip-File which the program has already created of the 7-part zip file mentioned above. You will only have to unzip this file according to the tutorial.

There are error messages during the unzip process. What to do now?

Most of the problems can be identified following the next steps of diagnosis:

- Althoug, some of our hoster change the Filenames and set a minus(-) instead of a space( ). We have sadly no influence to this problems. We recommend to check all Filenames if they are correct. So if they have only spaces or minus in it. Also each File should end with .partX.rar. If some of the Filenames are incorrect just change them.

- The files have not been downloaded completely. Please check the size of the parts: Part 1 to 7 do have a size of exactly 950 MB each, Part 8 is 110,41 MB big. Try to download the parts again which do not match the target filesize.

The Panini Portrait Icon Megapack is the resized version of the Panini Portrait Picture Megapack

3zjc4bvgkchi.png

Download Icon-Megapack 14

- Update I will be published around 01/08/2013 -

Installation english

Installation:

Extract the folder to your graphics-folder within your userfolder (User/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 20xx/graphics/players)

Refresh the skin and all pics are ingame.

Updates

Any add-on for the Panini Portrait Pictures Megapack will be resized for this pack.

The Panini Portrait Picture Megapack on other fansites:

Meistertrainerforum.de (Original Topic. All new stuff here!)

FM Faces.net - The Host of PPP megapack

cmportugal.com (portugese) by CM.PT.85

fmsite.net (spanish) by Markitos

Football Manager Slovakia by Patres10

footmanager.net (french) by Don

fm-view.com (english) by Don

sortitoutsi.net (english) by Don

sigames.com (english) by Don (registration necessary)

fm-base.co.uk (english) by Don

fmscout.com (english) by Don

FM Greece (greek) by White

Footballmanager Forum (italian) by White

Cro-Manager.net (croatian) by White

Credits

Massive thx to all authors who made these phantastic pictures!! These are:

@Guismoso, Aachen4ever, Alidance, Anderkopuolos, andrebocao, armagedon55, Asket, AXA, Bärenmarke, BBB Croatia, bbds, beggar, Benno, Bernardo', Bill xanthi, Cairbre, calcioplayer, CanCann, Chuscentro92, Cimmi, core_zsul, CountVladimir, crocodile, Cubano, dan99, Daniel Ferreira, Daniel Lozano, Daur, Diogo, djalma8, dNs, Don-Muchacho, Enigmatic Heart, fmfan.ru, fgtv, FiNcH, fireblade, foxer114, garynsmon, Geromel_21, ggpofm, GodofSheep, guih12, Hambugerjung, harryhausen, IndioBAIANO, IvanRakitic, izzax, Jake13, James, jeanjunim, jira17, jojo_cat, Joílson, Júnior_SpAwN.d, Kaliumchlorid, karamel, lamser, Leo Miguel, lukas.87, maalivahti, Madman99, Mariscador, Markitos, Marwijk, Matheus Bruno, matze616, Meistermacher, MiNDmaZing, mineral, Mortiis, motoclub, Mysterio, nadeshiko, noor73, NUNOKOPIO, Octavianus, P-Jo, Pedriiin Fedayin, prilli_brilli, Prof. Barata, ralf95, redemptor, Reitmeier, remus, rettke, RuffRyder, Ruslanincha, Salvador, Sanogo24, savvie, scott123, sebrof77, SERGI, sheduardo, SM2212, smedhult, smithjjustin, Spanish, Stay Heavy, SteFF, stefg, Steifus, Stiff-Meister, svennos, TheBoyFromDownUnder, ThisIsAnfield, Tobi, tommotommo, tpakmopucm, Trickstyler, Tua, TuNdRaLoWeR, Urban Classic, Veyron, VirginDreams, Vitaloop, Waldi98, warchlaczyk, White, yveslaessig.

If I've missed anyone, please contact me!

• 2 weeks later...

logo.png

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, Panini-users and especially Panini-creators.

I've taken control of the Panini Portrait Pictures Facepack 9 months ago. It was a hard time. We released 2 new megapacks, some big updates but had also a time in which nothing happend.

At 1st of July we released the new megapack. But it was, again, really difficult to offer the download free for everyone without waiting a week to download all the files. The megapack contains nearly 7 GB of data and we found no satisfying solution.

So what should we do? It was a big question and we had no clue. But born from a stupid idea we started a project two weeks ago. And now I am proud to present you the result. We now officially launch a new website, www.fmfaces.net, where we offer the Panini megapack.

What is FM Faces?

Well, we have an own server, stored the megapack on it, made a nice webpage, et voila. FM Faces was born.

Why are we doing this?

We want to offer fullspeed downloads to everyone and not just only to the few person which have an Premium Account for any of our hosters.

We have no clue how long the website is able to run. We have monthly costs and no income, so we offered a possibility to donate to us. But be sure, no one will have to donate if he doesn't want to, our full service is free. Also we won’t collect any money for our services in the future.

And finally: A very special thanks to:

White, for writing all the Articles

Favre, for helping build the website and spending a lot of hours

Kaliumchlorid, for doing such a great job with the graphics for the website.

So, visit www.fmfaces.net, the new way to download Paninis!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that whoever did your photo research has dropped made real mistakes with some English players.

Just two examples are Joe McCann of Leeds - you have Will Haining (ex Leeds, now Accrington in there instead) and Brian McDermott is another Brian McDermott, The one in the photo is Brian McDermott the head coach at Leeds Rhino's Rugby team. Thye don't even look alike, makes me wonder just how many more are not the genuine photo's

Well. I have, in person, no idea how the most of the players look like. And I guess most of our team has that problem. So we have to trust what google or other websites deliver to us. If you find any wrong picture write down the ID and the problem and send it to me, we will then change this in the future, but without ID it is to much work for us.

• 3 months later...

Yes, this is no Problem, you just have to use 2 diffrent config.xml. The normal one for the big pictures and one, which tools can not generate i think, for the Icons. If you use the normal config for the Icons, FM uses the Icons as normal pictures and they got blurred.

I put an config.xml in each update pack, also in the megapack, these configs contain all images we offer for the download. So, if you use these config.xmls it should be no problem.

Hi, have dowloaded and extracted the 8 files as per instructions, I get the messages:

CRC failed in pannini potrait pictures/ 133022.png the file is corrupt

Part1.rar unexpected end of achieve

I have pictures in my players folder, but they are not showing up in my game, I have reloaded the skin and ticked use skin cache box.

Any ideas? As I haven't had problems with packs in the past and would like to use this one

Yes, this is no Problem, you just have to use 2 diffrent config.xml. The normal one for the big pictures and one, which tools can not generate i think, for the Icons. If you use the normal config for the Icons, FM uses the Icons as normal pictures and they got blurred.

I put an config.xml in each update pack, also in the megapack, these configs contain all images we offer for the download. So, if you use these config.xmls it should be no problem.

Ok, so If I download the faces to the folder graphics with the config.xml to which folder should I download the icons with his own config.xml ???? Because since both faces and icons have a config.xml they won't be able to co-exist in the same graphics folder.

@miguelalves: Yes, but you can put the normal paninis in, lets say graphics/faces/panini and the icons in graphics/faces/icons. You have to have all pics and configs in the graphics folder, but you can have as many sub-folders as you want. Is it clear what I mean?

@IMT: It sounds like one of your parts was not downloaded correctly. We had a lot of traffic on our server the last few days, maybe there are by some people some error.

You should have, after the download, parts 1 to 7 with each around 950MB and part 8 around 110MB. If you then extract only part 1 it should cause no errors. and you should have something between 158.000 und 160.000 pics, I don't remember the exact amount.

If nothing is displayed: Check if there is an config.xml file in the folder, make sure you cleared your skin-cache and reloaded the skin, then the pics should be displayed!

Greets Don

Maybe the skin supports no Icons? I have really no time to look into FM14 at this time, so I am not quite sure. But if the Icons are in the graphics folder (and I see, they are) and the config.xml file is correct, then it should be working.

Did you cleared the skin-cache and reload the Skin? Tried to right-klick on a player name? I've heard, that icons are displayed there, but, as said, I had no time to verify this information.

Greets

Don

Maybe the skin supports no Icons? I have really no time to look into FM14 at this time, so I am not quite sure. But if the Icons are in the graphics folder (and I see, they are) and the config.xml file is correct, then it should be working.

Did you cleared the skin-cache and reload the Skin? Tried to right-klick on a player name? I've heard, that icons are displayed there, but, as said, I had no time to verify this information.

Greets

Don

Ok, but now I have returned to fm13 until the patch for fm14 is released :D and when I used the same scheme with faces and icons, the faces got all blurred. I had to delete the icons and now the faces are working.

cheers,

Ok, but now I have returned to fm13 until the patch for fm14 is released :D and when I used the same scheme with faces and icons, the faces got all blurred. I had to delete the icons and now the faces are working.

cheers,

Well, then you had the wrong config.xml file in the icons folder. If the config for normal pics gets into the icon folder it, of course, doesnt work correct. Try to download the single Icon megapack for Panini (and updates as well), it should work with it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
prev146.png

@petergoddard: Anywhere in the graphicsfolder. It is not important how the subfolders in the graphics folder are named. So for exampel .../graphics/panini icons/

Thanks Muchacho.

I have downloaded the icon megapack and the updates:

1- extracted the folder from the megapack inside the graphics folder

2- extracted files from the updates inside the folder of the megapack that in 1- I added to graphics folder

3- clear skin cache

4- reload skin

not working :-(

• 1 month later...

Archived