Positions: Attacking Midfielder(Right, Left), Striker

Starting Club: AS Monaco

Age at the start of the game: 18

Value: £8.5M

Price tag: £12M - £16M

Current ability:

Potential ability:

Real life information:

Lucas Ariel Ocampos (born 11 July 1994 in Quilmes, Buenos Aires) is an Argentine footballer who plays for Monaco as a striker. In 2011, he played his first match for River Plate at the age of 17 years, two months and five days. In January 2012, Ocampos was named in FIFA's 13 Players to watch in 2012.

His first team debut was on 16 August 2011 in a match played against Chacarita Juniors. His debut showed great maturity and character despite the turmoil at the recently relegated club.

His debut goal for River Plate came in his second match on 20 August 2011 against Independiente Rivadavia. He has since scored three more goals, against Desampardos, Atlanta and Brown de Puerto Madryn.

On February 12, 2012, he scored his fifth goal for River Plate with a stunning shot to the top right corner of the goal against Chacarita Juniors.

Such form and ability has caught the eye of European clubs, but Ocampos whose idol is Cristiano Ronaldo still needs to develop further according to his current coach Matias Almeyda.

In 2012 he moved to AS Monaco in the French 2nd Division.

FM13 profile:

fm_2012_11_04_16_03_55_76.jpg

Lucas Ocampos is a promissing young striker as you can see from the picture above. He has very good physical stats for his age but the big challenge is to improve his techical and mental stats. His great potential ability means he can improve and become a world-class player in the future, similar to Cristiano Ronaldo (He's touted as the next Cristiano Ronaldo by all the media these days). He can play as a Left or Right Winger as well.

Preferred moves: Gets Into Opposion Area, Runs With Ball Often

Best roles as Striker: Deep Lying Forward, Advanced Forward, Complete Forward

Best roles as Attacking Midfielder (Right, Left): Winger, Advanced Playmaker, Inside Forward

Here's how he developed in my current save under AI management. I think he could become much better under human management. Lucas at 24 years old in 2019:

fm_2012_11_04_15_57_34_40.jpg

Just a quick note: In this save, Benfica have Adam Maher, Adryan, Lucas Ocampos and Ruben Yttergard Jensen all playing at the same time for The Reds. And they're all established 1st team players. Talk about some great AI management :D

Looks like he develops well, especially since that image was under AI development, should improve tenfold under human management. Just out of interest Baptista, how does Stanciu develop? My scouts seem to rate him highly but i've not seen any images of his development as of yet.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived