5 star attributes view

Exius

For those who are not satisfied with numeral and graphic attributes view I suggest an alternative view:

15ee404350c5.png

d7c30c54b70a.png

Attributes with values 1-10 are displayed as gray stars from one to five, 11 - 20 - as yellow and red stars from two to five.

You can download it here or here.

Extract the archive to Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/skins/Your skin/

You can adjust colours as you wish. In order to get the same colour as on the screenshots above, you should edit your skin settings file. It is usually located in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/skins/Your skin/settings/. Rewrite these lines:

<!-- profile attribute colours -->
<colour name="low attribute" red="164" green="164" blue="164" alpha="175"/>
<colour name="normal attribute" red="255" green="153" blue="0" alpha="200"/>
<colour name="good attribute" red="255" green="153" blue="0" />
<colour name="excellent attribute" red="224" green="0" blue="0" />
<colour name="special attribute" red="0" green="71" blue="168" />
<colour name="attribute label" red="40" green="40" blue="40" />
<colour name="special attribute label" red="40" green="40" blue="40" />
<colour name="profile extra text" red="40" green="40" blue="200" />

I'm going to make such mode for staff attributes either but still don't have any success, so I could use some help here. I think somewhere in non player profile.xml I should add font="fonts/attributes" but haven't figured out where exactly.

Well when I first did something like this for FM11, it was no where near as good as this and this saves me from re-doing mine. A fine contribution and one I hope more people see and download. Very good!

Thank you, glad to help you.:)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello,

Feels kind of weird to bump this, but does anyone have the Exius mod posted above? I'm trying to do a variant of this thing myself, but I wanted the attributes to be interpreted as following:

1-4 : *

5-8 : **

9-12 : ***

13-16: ****

17-20: *****

I've been messing around in the player profile mental attributes.xml, but I cannot seem to access the integer value of the attributes. Exius panel-files would probably make this possible for me to accomplish. Without it, I am afraid I do not have enough time to first analyze how FM's XML works and then find a solution.

As far as I'm aware this mod worked by changing the font that was used for the numbers in the attributes panels to a (custom?) font that had stars in place of numbers.

The Attribute threshold can now be changed in game (for FM14) from the Preferences -> Interface -> Skin Colours page. Though it is only possible to have four levels not five.

i was afraid it is like that actually, as i have no idea how to tackle that problem.

basically fonts:

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 would all be - *

9,10,11,12 would all be - **

13,14,15,16 would all be - ***

17,18,19,20 would all be - ****

but in the game this would create all attributes * or ** if the game combines the individual characters. or am i going wrong somewhere?

It can be done, but it is perhaps more complicated than you'd like. When designing a font, kerning and ligatures are important - ie the spacing and connections of letters. VA is a typical example, where the A is kerned to overlap the area of the V otherwise it would look like there was a large gap between the letters.

You can design a font in a way that where a 1 precedes a 1,2,3,4 etc, then it should be joined to form a new character. So essentially, you would have substitute glyphs for when a 1 precedes a 0,1 and 2 for a whole new glyph, a substitute for when a 1 precedes a 3,4,5 and 6 etc. This is the way you would get around the problem above but obviously requires a little bit of understanding on font creation and the tools.

edit; http://opentype.info/blog/2012/11/20/whats-a-ligature/

You can see in the Lamoore example how when the a came after the L, the double o and the RE, a whole new glyph replaced it to present the text in a whole different way. Apply this technique and you're onto a winner :)

glyphs, kerns... i admit english is my second language, but this can't be english,right?

Aha, I suppose it's another case of technical specific language just like in different professions.

I suppose a simple way to look at it is:

A glyph being basically a symbol: a

A ligature being two or more glyphs being connected to make one.

Kerning is the letter spacing.

So to make this work, you would need to create special ligatures with a set of properties that when X precedes Y, show Z.

• 2 months later...

I've managed to get this working on FM 2013 with combining works of both Exius and DeadPanda but...

Aha, I suppose it's another case of technical specific language just like in different professions.

I suppose a simple way to look at it is:

A glyph being basically a symbol: a

A ligature being two or more glyphs being connected to make one.

Kerning is the letter spacing.

So to make this work, you would need to create special ligatures with a set of properties that when X precedes Y, show Z.

I've created ligatures like that and I can say at least that FM 2013 doesn't supports ligatures in fonts. :(:thdn:

So there's no posibility to make this:

Hello,

Feels kind of weird to bump this, but does anyone have the Exius mod posted above? I'm trying to do a variant of this thing myself, but I wanted the attributes to be interpreted as following:

1-4 : *

5-8 : **

9-12 : ***

13-16: ****

17-20: *****

I've been messing around in the player profile mental attributes.xml, but I cannot seem to access the integer value of the attributes. Exius panel-files would probably make this possible for me to accomplish. Without it, I am afraid I do not have enough time to first analyze how FM's XML works and then find a solution.

additional image

THzYqvf.jpg

Archived