+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Appealing against FA Bans

Amateur

Default Appealing against FA Bans

Has anyone ever had any success with this? your player gets sent off so you appeal against the ban and the FA rules that you did not have valid grounds for appeal. No surprise there then, however in a press conference after a game in which a player of mine was given a straight red I responded when asked that i thought it was an abysmal decision by the referee. This was not unfounded as i had read in the post match report that the major black mark against the ref was the fact that he awarded a red card to my player.

Anyhow the FA remain silent over my criticism so i think, great i am bound to win my appeal this time round whereas previously i have appealed just for the sake of it or because i was annoyed, this time I at least had a vaild reason. Well response from the FA comes back and low and behold they rule once more that i did not have valid grounds...

What does it take to win an appeal!?

Youth Team

Image is a bit small - but the ban was recinded. Can view it here: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ws_Inbox-4.png

I read the articles afterwards, I went back and watched the incident from a few angles, and I read the match report.
    Last edited by SWaRFeGa; 30-09-2011 at 09:53.

First Team Squad Member

yeah ive had a couple before but only when it was very very obviously a reffing mistake/

Amateur

yes i have had 1 turned over on appeal. like the op, it said in the ref report that the 'referee will have some explaining to do after sending off player x'.

Amateur

Do you think repeated appealing effects your chances of it being accepted?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by NUFCAlex View Post
    Do you think repeated appealing effects your chances of it being accepted?
    I've often wondered if having a go at refs and repeatedly appealing bans does you any long term damage, i stopped having a go at ref's after my 4th or 5th touchline ban.

Amateur

I've had some success, but minimal. I heard on here before that constant appealing reduces the chances of success, but I don't do PR anymore so I haven't had a go at a ref in a long time, even when I really want to I can't.

Amateur

Well the FA kept quiet about me bad mouthing a ref only to say that i did not have valid grounds for an appeal, which is kind of a contradiction from them since their silence kind of proves my case. I usually always appeal so that could of had something to do with it.

Semi Pro
    In game: To the north of the Arctic Circle

At the end of the match there's a media review of the ref. If it says something like "the ref mistakenly sent off X" in that review, appeal it. If not, don't bother.

Banned

Don't think I've ever had success with appealling. I appeal every red card I can(I get a lot of them) but to no avail. I also criticise referee's at every opportunity.

+ Reply to Thread