FM2011: RasenBallsport Leipzig Thread - Another Red Bull plaything.

135px-RB_Leipzig.png

RB Leipzig (RasenBallsport Leipzig) is a German football club based in Leipzig, formed in 2009. The club dominated the NOFV-Oberliga Süd in 2009-10 and were promoted as champions to the Regionalliga Nord for the 2010-2011 season.

It was founded in June 2009 and forms the fourth football involvement of Red Bull, which already runs three football clubs: Red Bull Salzburg in Salzburg, Austria, the New York Red Bulls and Red Bull Brasil. The name differs from these other teams' names due to the statutes of the DFB (Deutscher Fußball Bund or German Football Association) which prescribe how a sponsor's name is used as part of a club's identity. Unlike its other sports teams, the Leipzig club cannot carry the Red Bull name or be fully owned by the company. The German football association requires a club to hold 51% of its shares, Red Bull will therefore only be able to acquire 49% of the club.

RB Leipzig aims to play first division Bundesliga football within the next eight to ten years. To reach this goal, it has bought the playing licence for the Oberliga, the German fifth league, from the club SSV Markranstädt. RB Leipzig play their home games in the Red Bull Arena, a 44,345 all-seater stadium.

It has been speculated that Red Bull will invest 100 Million Euro in the club over the next ten years. Instrumental in the deal was Michael Kölmel, owner of the Zentralstadion in Leipzig. Dietrich Mateschitz, owner of Red Bull, openly speaks of the possibility of the club winning a German championship. The last time a team from Leipzig won the German championship was almost one hundred years ago, in 1913, when VfB Leipzig took the title.

The new club retained the Oberliga team as well as all other football teams of the SSV Markranstädt.

FM2011:

rbl.png

You get roughly £4.5M a year for 10 years from Red Bull's sponsorship. First season transfer budget is <£475k, which, coupled to the team's decent reputation (relative to league) should attract good enough players to get successive promotions. The starting squad should be good enough even for instant promotion in season one.

To play as RB Leipzig:

You will need to download this database by ThomasH (I take no credit whatsoever for this database.) LOAD ALL LEAGUES!!! Also, loading all German players is a good idea. **The file was made by a German, using a German copy of FM, and as such the translations to English of most club names is poor. You have been warned!**

OR: The holiday-retire-load method of promoting an unplayable team from the 4th tier:

1) Add yourself as an unemployed manager.

2) Go on holiday until 19th June 2011, SAVE, then go on holiday for one day.

3) Retire your manager.

4) Add a new manager (the one you'll use for the save) and look in the 3.Liga for RB Leipzig.

If RB Leipzig isn't there, reload the save on 19th June, holiday for one day and continue from step 3.

OR:

The savegame: http://www.mediafire.com/?5386qmngisxvhgq

Install to: Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\games

Kits download: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/skins-all-other-graphics/76408d1276815082-r4v3ncl4ws-gjtank21s-kit-request-thread-leipzig.rar (Kits from FM-Base. I take no credit whatsoever.)

Copy the Kits file to: Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/graphics/kits (make folders where needed)

Good luck, and enjoy!

Players key:

*** = Keep at all costs.

** = good rotation/backup.

* = sell/release

GK's:

Sven Neuhaus ***

Benjamin Bellot **

Christopher Gang *

FB:

Shaban Ismaili (RB) ***

Lars Muller (LB) **

CB:

Thomas Klasener ***

Tim Sebastian ***

Ingo Hertzsch **

Matthias Buszkowiak **

Daniel Rosin **

Fabian Franke *

DM:

Timo Rost ***

Sebastian Albert **

CM/AMC:

Thiago Rockembach (AMC) ***

Tom GeiBler (MC) **

Benjamin Baier (AMC) **

Wingers:

Alexander Laas (ML) ***

Maximilian Watzka (AMR) ***

Paul Schinke (AML) **

Steven Lerwenz (AMR) **

Richard van Den Bosch (AML) *

ST:

Daniel Frahn ***

Stefan Kutschke ***

Carsten Kammlott ***

Nico Frommer **

Based on natural positions.

Thanks lucatonix!

@Quinby: I had a great start with RBL on FM10 and it was great fun, but the DB promoted me to Regionalliga Sud, and it killed the realism for me so I quit it. As the next league up on FM11 isn't regional, I'm hoping that won't be an issue this year...

Loading it up now, to continue where I left off last night... :)

Played with RB Leipzig but started with them in 3rd division by switching them with the lowest rep. team in the editor.

2 seasons to get promoted to 2nd league, 2 seasons to get promoted to 1st. 6th season in, finished 3rd and qualified for champions league. Had to reformat computer after that and didn't back up the game as I figured I wanted a new challenge.

Carsten Kammlott would start every season at a goal a game for about 10 games in and would proceede to barely score the rest of the year.

Tim Sebastian was captain and first choice DC for 5 seasons ... not bad for a 4th league player!

I've decided I can't put up with the terrible team name translations (Inter Manlain, anyone?) in the German-made database any more, so I'm restarting my RB Leipzig save, but using the SI 11.3 database, and will just holiday for a season and promote them to 3.Liga the same way I did with FC United into the BSN.

In the 11.3 database, I've added a II team, as well as making the stadium an all-seater and changed the name to Red Bull Arena, as per real life. I've holidayed for a season, and reloaded until RBL were promoted into the 3.liga for the start of 2011-12. That is where I will begin the new save. I'll be uploading a savegame and I will add it to the OP once it is done.

Started the new save...

Transfers:

rblsumtran11.png

Some big-name transfers here, Alvarez was released from Bayern, and I beat Hoffenheim to his signature, Waterman was released from an Eredivisie side, Coeff was released from RC Lens and has a 4.5* potential, and was chased by nearly the whole of the Championship, as well as several top European teams, and I overpaid for Teixeira, but I needed a decent RB quick. My star signing has to be Alexander Merkel from AC Milan, also rated at 4.5* by the same scout as Coeff (15/15 JPA/JPP) but is rated as 'having better potential than Coeff... €575k over 48 months seems cheap, tbh.

In the league, played 4, won 4, putting us top by 2 points at this early stage.

Start of season 2012-13:

rbltran12.png

Some good business here I think, Assulin and Klaus especially given the way they have started the season. All but 3 of my squad are German, and of those three non-Germans, two hold dual-nationality.

We won our first ever DFB-Pokal game, beating Bielefeld 3-0 in the first round. Next up? Hoffenheim. Meh.

In the league, played 3, won 2, lost 1, leaving us 4th and outside the playoff.

Finally got one of the original strikers to score, Carsten Kammlott. Managed to keep Yurchenko in January, he is happy to stay. Is it likely that the board will accept any offers though?

Top with 10 games to go atm.

Finally got one of the original strikers to score, Carsten Kammlott. Managed to keep Yurchenko in January, he is happy to stay. Is it likely that the board will accept any offers though?

Top with 10 games to go atm.

I've found Kammlott a regular scorer, tbh. As for board accepting offers, I've had £1m+ bids for £300k players and the board didn't accept, so hopefully the chairman is a good one in that sense...

Did you get a decent budget in the Bundesliga?

Nope. £1.8m. Pathetic. Though the Chairman is looking to leave... Maybe that's why? Been embargoed all transfer window too, so no transfers :@

And as it's Germany, no tycoon takeovers allowed, iirc?

• 3 months later...

New save, as I lost my old one thanks to a virus, which also cost me my epic FC United save. Here's a summary:

Season One: Unemployed, RB Leipzig promoted from Regionalliga Nord to 3.liga.

Season Two: I become manager, winning 3.liga and promotion to 2.liga.

Season Three: Won 2.liga, and promotion to Bundesliga.

Season Four: Came third in Bundesliga, qualifying for UCL best placed playoff.

Season Five: Knocked out of UCL qualifier by Man City, 4-1 on agg. In Europa League group stage. Currently in November, 2014. 4th in the league, top of Europa League group (4 games, 10 pts).

Here's the key players:

ayala1.png

geis1.png

verratti1.png

merkel1.png

I have just pulled off the transfer of the century! Let me set the scene... Arsenal are a club in crisis. Wenger is on the verge of being sacked. One of the most promising players of the decade is rotting in the reserves. He has 6 months to run on his contract. I put in a cheeky bid, expecting to be told where to go. It is accepted! Contract negotiations... This is where I expected it to all go wrong. I didn't expect him to have an interest, but he was so desperate to get out, he was open to negotiation! I tentatively offered a contract that was around what he was on at Arsenal... It was a no-go. The agent wanted more. He wanted more. I couldn't budge on the wage having already destroyed my wage structure to offer what I had, so I worked on the clauses and fees. A little more negotiation, and, HE ACCEPTED!!! I was excited, but I knew it could still go wrong, he could still pull out.

Then I got this:

wil1.png

followed by:

wil2.png

F**k.

wil3.png

Phew!

wil4.png

Get the **** in!!!

Signed Ryo Miyaichi as well, since he was listed and I needed a AML.

Trophy haul to date:

3.Liga winner (2011-12)

2.Liga winner (2012-13)

DFB-Pokal winner (2014-15)

Europa League winner (2014-15)

UEFA SuperCup winner (2015-16)

Near misses:

Bundesliga (2013-14 - fell to 3rd place on last day of the season due to a 2-1 loss, while competitors won)

German Supercup (2015-16 - Runner up, lost on pens to Bayern Munich)

• 5 months later...

Gravedigging? Haha maybe, but I couldn't get into FM12, because I felt there was still work to be done here.

Trophy haul to date:

2011/12 - 3.Liga: 1st

2012/13 - 2.Liga: 1st

2013/14 - Bundesliga: 3rd

2014/15 - Bundesliga: 6th, Europa League: Winner, DFB-Pokal: Winner

2015/16 - Bundesliga: 1st, Europa League: Winner, UEFA Supercup: Winner, DFL-Supercup: Runner up

2016/17 - Bundesliga: 2nd, DFB-Pokal: Runner up, UEFA Supercup: Runner up, DFL-Supercup: Runner up

2017/18 - Bundesliga: 1st, Champions League: Winner

2018/19 - Bundesliga: 1st, DFL-Pokal: Winner, UEFA Supercup: Winner, DFL-Supercup: Winner, Club World Cup: Winner

2019/20 - Bundesliga: 1st, DFL-Supercup: Winner

2020/21 - Bundesliga: 1st, Europa League: Winner, DFL-Supercup: Winner

2021/22 - Bundesliga: TBD, UEFA Supercup: Winner, DFL-Supercup: Winner

My striker Issa Welmant has won two FIFA Ballon d'or in a row and is media favourite for a third. Here he is, though he is now just turned 24:

welmant23.png

Scoring record to date:

All comps: 341 goals in 337 apps, 98 assists.

Bundesliga: 232 goals in 233 apps, 69 assists.

And since that post about signing Wilshere, he was sold to Tottenham for £28.5m, and is Welmant's nemesis in the Ballon d'or, coming runner up last season and shortlisted again this season...

Welmant has just won his:

3rd straight Ballon d'or,

3rd straight World Player of the Year,

SIXTH straight European Striker of the Year,

SIXTH straight French Player of the year!

Also picking up awards were:

Alejandro Cámpora - European Defender of the Year (beating RM's 5 times winner)

Steffen Meyer - European Goalkeeper of the Year

Welmant and Cámpora were in the World Team of the Year, along with ex-Leipzig players Jack Wilshere and Miralem Pjanic.

• 1 month later...

Archived