[FM11] Luton Town Non League to the Football League to the Barclay's Premier League.

Luton Town

lutonfclogo.png

620.jpg

FM Version 11.3 No edits

Database Size Medium

League Loaded

Brazil First Division

England Blue Square N/S

France Ligue 1

Germany First Division

Holland Eredivisie

Ireland Premier Division

Italy Serie A

Portugal Liga ZON Sagres

Scotland Third Division

Spain LIGA BBVA

Wales Principality Premier Division

Player Count 46,000

I have also made it so there is no transfer budgets in the 1st window

History

Luton Town is a professional football club based at Kenilworth Road since 1905. Luton are currently competeing in the 5th tier of English Football. Luton most recent successful period began in 1981-82 where they were promoted to the old 1st division. They also won the league cup in 1988 where they beat Arsenal 3-2 Luton remained a First Division club until relegation in 1991–92 signalled the end of major success. More recently, financial difficulties have caused the club to fall, in just three years, from the second tier of English football to the fifth, ending its 89-year spell as a member of The Football League. And last season Luton missed out on a return to the Football league by losing to York City in the Play-off Semi final 2-0

Here is my Profile

Here is my YouTube Account

Here is my Twitter Account

My steam username is: lukepniewski

I will be doing a brief update on January 1st and then a full update at the end of the season in a dafuge style

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luton Town Club Information:

Nation: England

Year Founded: 1885

Stadium: Kenilworth Road

Corporate Facilities: Fairly Basic

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Adequate

Youth Recruitment: Average

Club Colours: Orange, Black and White

Chairman Status: Loves the club

Legends: Mick Harford

Icons: Brian Stein, Ricky Hill and David Pleat

Favoured Personnel: Keith Keane, Kevin Nicholls, Steve Foster and George Pilkington

Derbies M1 Derby (Luton v Watford)

Fierce Rivals: Watford

Other Rivals: MK Dons, Stevenage and QPR

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: £16.00

Average Season Ticket Price: £325

Season Ticket Holders: 4000

Estimated Value: £1.1M

Continental Competition: None

Media Prediction: 1st

Squad Personality: Fairly Professional

Captain: George Pilkington

Vice Captain: Keith Keane

Poku is ready for a first-team squad place, surely? :p

Try and loan JJ to St. Albans City, maybe? :D

Poku probably could play in the 1st team but in the middle is Keane and Lawless also i could put Howells there who currently plays AML

I'll try loan JJ to St. Albans.

BTW, don't mind my blatant bias towards the two ex-Saints. ;) You manage the team however you like.

Got a soft spot for Luton Town as my brother-in-law and father-in-law are fans. I go to a handful of games a season - when St. Albans aren't playing - and so generally want to see them do well. :thup:

Does anyone know why i get the error message saying "Saved game could not be loaded" i get it quite alot i know how to get around it but i take me make a couple of games which i don't like especially if the results aren't the same.

January 1st Update

League Table

Bottom 4

Team Played GD PST

Barrow 25 -18 20

Histon 26 -15 17

Kidderminster 26 -30 17

Forest Green 26 -33 11

Past Positions

FA CUP I will show the game between us and Bishop's Stortford when i do a full update at the end of the season

FA TROPHY Same as the FA Cup will show the final or the game we go out in

Mid Season Manager Comments:

So far the league has gone ok still in touch with top spots much like real life. The FA Cup is a subject in which the less said the better. The FA Trophy is going ok came through a tough 2 games against Grimsby and are to play Cambridge in the 2nd round

Luton Town Blue Square Bet Premier 2010/11

Joining the club at the beginning of the season and had high expectations to win the league. We were predicted to finish 1st but came far off it.

League Table

Bottom 4

Team Played GD Pst

Barrow 46 -28 41

Histon 46 -31 33

Kidderminster 46 -57 31

Forest Green 46 -46 29

Past Positions

In the whole season we never went into the top 2 we stayed in the playoffs but we fell right at the end and with a 1-1 home draw to southport and a 3-0 away defeat to Hayes and Yeading in the last 3 games cost us

FA Cup A game in which i expected to play so i played so fringe players who were more than capable of winning the game but thats football Bishop's Stortford

FA Trophy A tournament in which i was only going to play my fringe players but to lose to another lower league opposition is disappointing Nuneaton

Squad A squad in which i thought could win the league comfortably but we couldn't score enough goals there would be more players but they wouldn't all fit on 1 page so i but the players who are leaving at the end of the season in the reserves to make room

Transfers Signed a left back because Freddie Murray isn't as highly rated is he should be. and also signed 2 strikers on loan who didn't really do much

Key Player Profiles

Alex Lawless Played at the top of the diamond in midfield was the playmaker but a bit to injury prone

Luc Matutu The left back who replaced Freddie Murray he was a solid and consistent player

George Pilkington A good solid centre back just like real life also popped up with the odd goal

Career Overview

Season       Team            Country     League               League Finish    Achievements 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Luton Town      England      Blue Square Bet Premier     6TH                None     

Next Season

6th place was an awful finish considering the playing staff here and the backroom staff here. We need to finish higher up the league and look for a better strike force.

Luc Matutu was sold by the board for £425K s replaced him with Tom Kennedy from Leicester for £14K also bought Luke Graham from Kettering Signed a GK on loan and improved the strike force. You will be able to see everyone i bought at the end of the season. There should be a January update soon just watching Paranormal Activity so im not playing as much because i want to concentrating in watching it. There might be a end of season update late tonight

I look forward to seeing Luton's return to the top division somewhen within the next 5-25 seasons :p

It could be a long time im not one of those people who can take a team up from the bottom to the top in 6 seasons. On FM 10 it took me 9 years to get out of League 1 and overall it was 41 years until i won my 1st Premiership with Luton

January 1st Update

League Table

Bottom 2

Team Played GD PST

Harrogate 26 -33 19

Dartford 26 -35 12

Past Positions

FA Cup So far a good cup run lets hope it continues unlikely though

FA Trophy Only the 1st round so far

Mid Season Manager Comments

Not doing bad in the league considering what happened last season there was a point in the league where a defeat to Mansfield would probably seen me out of a job but from that win we haven't lost since. The FA Cup has been a particular highlight of the season decided to play a full strength to make sure the same didn't happen as last season.

Luton Town Blue Square Bet Premier 2011/12

After a poor season last season this was the season in which i wanted to get promoted.

League Table

Bottom 2

Team Played GD PST

Harrogate 46 -52 32

Dartford 46 -50 31

Past Position

We started the season poorly the 9th game was a must win game against Mansfield i was close to losing my job. We won the game and ended up going 19 unbeaten but the 2nd half of the season was just a shambles.

FA Cup A good little cup run which came to an end at Chelsea

FA Trophy A comfortable cup run to the final and in a game that we should have won we lost on pens to Wrexham

Squad The squad that we had should have got us up this season so i can only blame myself

Transfers After the sale of Luc Matutu it gave us around £350K to spend

Key Players Profiles

George Pilkington Once again a rock at the back

Robbie Willmott A winger who created many chances

Tom Kennedy The one who replaced Luc Matutu

Luke Graham He played along side George Pilkington

Jason Walker Was the striker who got us 20+ goals

Career Overview

Season       Team            Country     League               League Finish    Achievements 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Luton Town      England      Blue Square Bet Premier     6TH                None  
2011/12  Luton Town      England      Blue Square Bet Premier     6TH            FA Trophy Runners up    

Next Season

We have to get promoted next season would be nice to win the FA Trophy as well.

Gutted at missing out once again, and on goal difference this time! Did the Chelsea result bring morale down? and raise a lot of money?

Willmott and Pilks look good, hope you can get the Hatters up 3rd time of asking!

January 1st Update

League Table

Bottom 2

Team Played GD PST

Alfreton 24 -19 20

Barrow 24 -25 11

Past Positions

FA Cup We made it to the 2nd round

FA Trophy Only the 1st round but the next round is against a Bromley who we struggled against in th FA Cup

Not doing to bad in the league still in the hunt for top spot but struggling with a second striker. The FA Cup was went ok but we went out to a struggling Bristol Rovers side

Luton Town Blue Square Bet Premier 2012/13

After another poor season last season we was looking to go up this season.

League Table

Bottom 2

Team Played GD PST

Southport 46 -59 33

Barrow 46 -46 23

Past Positions

A disappointing start and then found our spot in the playoffs for most of the season but a wobble towards the end of the season but 6 out of 7 wins and the end of the season saw us finish in 3rd place

Playoff semi final 1st leg A good away win against a strong Burton side

Playoff semi final 2nd leg Just had to see it out

Playoff final The Robbie Willmott show

FA Cup An ok cup run which came to an end to Bristol Rovers

FA Trophy A tournament that i wanted to win but lost to Rushden

Squad An ok squad but need improving next season

Transfers Signed a 3 or 4 Dutch players and will be keeping 1 will sold the rest

Key Player Profiles

George Pilkington Once again the rock at the back

Ryan Mcgivern Signed from Man city and partnered Pilks

Matt Tubbs 20 goal season man signed from Crawley

Fouad Idabdelhay The Dutch man that will be kept on took his time to find his feet though

Career Overview

2011/12  Luton Town      England      Blue Square Bet Premier     6TH            FA Trophy Runners up   
2012/13  Luton Town      England      Blue Square Bet Premier     3RD            Playoff winners 

Next Season

With promotion this season i will be looking to finish mid table or look to make the playoffs. Also looking to do well in the JPT that we won last time we were in it.

Congrats on finally getting promoted. Started my save earlier today and quite easily went over the wage budget. How is your squad with wages so far?

Mines far i usually go over but i wanted to stay under on this one

Are you putting yours on the Career Update forum

Mines far i usually go over but i wanted to stay under on this one

Are you putting yours on the Career Update forum

Yeah, I will do at some point - probably in the next week or so, I'm just getting a season out of the way 1st.

January 1st Update

League Table

Bottom 2

Team Played GD PST

Stockport 25 -10 23

Chesterfield 25 -19 20

Past Positions

FA Cup Once again out in the 2nd round

League Cup Didn't expect to go through against Crystal Palace

JPT A tournament i wanted to do well in end early

Doing well in the league considering were a promoted team i didn't mind finishing mid table but the board want me to get promoted as a minimum which were on for at the minute but were having a dip at the moment with 2 wins in the last 8 games.

Luton Town nPower League 2 2013/14

After promotion last season i was looking to finish mid table or push on to the top half but the board want promotion again so that put the pressure on to succeed

League Table

Bottom 2

Team Played GD PST

Gateshead 46 -34 46

Aldershot 46 -29 40

Past Positions

We started well sitting in the top 3 for most of the season but then 2 wins in the last 16 games cost us the automatic promotion place a key factor to the poor run was when we got all the injury's we had no decent players to replace them due to not being able to get rid of the waste of space dutch players that i wasn't able to sell because they were injured.

Play off semi final 1st leg Was looking to take a 1-0 lead to Crewe but a late mean't it ended 1-1

Play off semi final 2nd leg We scored 2 early goals but i made the mistake to play defensive and we soon found ourself at 2-2

FA Cup Started well but demolished by Notts County

League Cup Thought we had a chance when they went down to 10 men but maybe Not

JPT Wanted to do well in this competition but lost to a poor Cheltenham side

Squad A squad with not alot of strength in depth

Transfers Should of sold more players to free up more wages

Key Player Profiles

Jake Howells Played on the left wing popped up with 17 assists

Ryan McGivern Played along side Matt Smith at centre back

Emmanuel Bourgaud Feel he should have got a few more goals for his position at the top of the diamond

Career Overview

2012/13  Luton Town      England      Blue Square Bet Premier     3RD            Playoff winners 
2013/14  Luton Town      England      nPower League 2             7TH                None

Next Season

As the board expected to be promoted this season i feel that this season was a poor one so next season i want to go up automatically

January 1st Update

League Table

Bottom 2

Team Played GD PST

Morecambe 25 -19 24

Stevenage 24 -20 14

Past Positions

FA Cup So far two wins against team that have been in the lower division and next is Millwall who are 15th in the championship

League Cup Short and sweat

JPT Going well in the competition making it two the south final against Portsmouth

The league is going ok at the minute could do with getting a few more wins to go for the automatic place as i don't want to go through the playoffs again. The FA Cup i feel that we could win against Millwall. The JPT if we manage to go through against Portsmouth we could be facing Barnsley or Peterborough

Archived