Using 11.1 editor data with the 11.2 data update?

Viking

On FM10, I was able to use the 10.1 editor data with the 10.2 data update without any problems, even though I had added a lot of players, teams. and made a lot of major changes with the editor. However, when I try to start a new game on FM11 with the recent patch data update (11.2) with my editor data made with the 11.1 patch, it gets all messed up. My added players get wrong date of births, if I put one added player in a new team, he still is in the same old team when I start a new game but another of my added players is in that team instead.

Was I just lucky when I got this to work on FM10, is the editor buggy, or am I missing something here?

There seems to be a bug in the editor that has some side-effects on older xml files in which players where added or moved.

You could try to use the 11.1 database when starting a new game with your old file. You will still get the bug fixes that are in 11.2.

Rats. Well, I don't want to use the 11.1 database as I'll miss all the 2010-season updates on the history of the players in Sweden, plus the swedish leagues will not have the right teams if I start the game in February 2011. Guess I'll have to wait for the bug to be fixed with the next patch.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess I found a fix. Basically, I take all the players I want to edit from my old edited dbs and keep their info on a notepad file. Then I get my old edited dbs and rather than saving it compressed (.dbc) I save it as .xmls instead. So, I open the .xml files on notepad++ and then search for the players' uniqueids, one by one. Then I go through each of their recordsets one by one and change the data manually.

After I do that I search for duplicated recordset entries for each specific player uniqueids and then delete the duplicated entries that are different from the attribute values I want to actually apply. I then save the xml on notepad++ and open it in the editor. It is working so far. And in the game as well.

It is a crazy amount of work if you got like 2000 players edited, but that is the reason they gave us the winter recess spare time.

Jeez, that must have been quite annoying. I'm glad for myself that I've started editing after the 11.2 patch. Hope this bug doesn't repeat itself when the next patch is released.

• 9 months later...

Archived