FM11: Randall Azofeifa - He may be the pass master, but is he a physical disaster?

tmason122

Randall Azofeifa Corrales, or just Randall Azofeifa as he is known in FM is a Costa Rican CM who plays for K.A.A. Gent in the Jupiler League.

Azofeifa has had a successful career, winning the a national championship, the UNCAF Nations Cup title and a CONCACAF Champions Cup title with C.D. Saprissa. He participated in the 2005 FIFA Club World Championship Toyota Cup with his team, where he played a key role in helping them to finish in third place, behind São Paulo Futebol Clube and Liverpool F.C. Then followed a move to A.A Gent in 2006. Currently he has 18 appearances for the national side.

If you are a championship side or low premier league equivilent that needs a bit of creativity (16), a set piece monster (corners 18, free kicks 18, penalty taking 18) and a a man with the eye for a defence splitting pass (passing 16) then Azofeifa could be the man for you.

25_-Randall-Azofeifa.jpg

Trying to find a creative player can be an expensive and tiresome affiar at times. But Azofeifa is only worth £250k and his sale value (as of October 2010) is a bargain £175k! Apparently he's had a bit of a falling out with the management in my game, whether thats a recurring feature in other games I do not know.

So whats the catch? Well, actually he can tackle as well (14), and he has a good selection of mental stats as well, nothing partically weak there. Physically though he's not great. Lacking in pace, acceleration, natural fitness and stamina. Mind you once he's on the pitch he can look after himself with a strength of 15. Well you can assess him for youself:

RandallAzofeifa.jpg

With those physical stats he's probably best coming off the bench when the oppostion have a partciular tough defence that needs breaking down. Still at £175k I don't think you can go too far wrong, I reckon your getting a lot of player for a very little sum of money. I reckon he should be a fine deep-laying playmaker for lower premiership and lower.

EDIT: No ideas about work permit needs for the UK, but in the Dutch Eredivisie he's good. Oh and he's competent at DM, AMC and ST positions just to give you some versatility stats.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived