Clough 4-2-3-1 Emulation tactic from FM Base BY LUKE

After having some success with a 4-2-3-1 on FM10, I decided to use the same philosophy on

FM11 and started saves with Tottenham and Derby County using a tactic I had created based around Nigel Clough's 4-2-3-1 system at Derby.

The results have been positive and at the end of the Demo I have topped the League with both sides. The best results for Derby being a 4-1 home win against Notts Forest, and a 3-1 away win against Middlesborough. Both games were great clinical performances and deserved wins. My best players were Kris Commons as the primary playmaker in the AML role, and Alberto Bueno as the lone poacher.

With Tottenham the success was virtually mirrored. Jermain Defoe playing as the lone striker this time bagged 15 in 15, and was well supported with Luka Modric & Rafael van der Vaart excelling in roles behind him. The best performances here were both 2-0 home wins against Liverpool & Man City, in both games we were completely on top and if the finishing had been better the results could have been 4 or 5-0.

I usually stick the Person with the best corner attributes on corners, the two CMs I prefer to play with contrasting players, one who is more likely to be strong defensively, and the other who is slightly more attacking minded

I know the defensive system on this could be improved, and I havent really looked into the set pieces set up, but these can be improved over time as we learn more about the match engine. I would be greatful if people were to be able to test this and give feedback

ORIGINAL POST: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/clough-4-2-3-1-emulation-tactic-t50335.html

DOWNLOAD: http://www.filefront.com/17447837/Nigel-Clough-4-2-3-1-Tottenham-Jan-2011.tac/

SOME COMMENTS:

"I won the league in the first season ive just finsihed with villa, after a rocky start i stuck with it and won the league on goal difference with chelsea second. The only signing i made was rodwell in the first window and he and petrov in the centre were rock solid with young albrighton and ireland just ahead and agbonlahor up top. Great tactic if youve got the right players! I fear they will expect the same next season though which i think may be harder."

"I have succsecs whit Belgrade Partizan i post my resultat later sorry for my bad English"

"1st season with Derby finished 13th with my own tactic,

2nd season after finding your tactic i finished 3rd & won the playoffs.

Now into my 3rd season with Derby in the Prem and i am 8th after 7 games with 4 wins and 3 defeats - Best tactic i have used so far, could do with a little tweaking here and there with the defensive side but apart from that its great "

CREATOR: LUKE FROM FM BASE

Hi koko,

Has this tactic been played on the 11.1 update? I noticed on tactics that were working very well in the demo are useless in the full game with update!

What sized pitch do you recommend?

Also, can you post a screenshot of the tactic formation?

Thanks!

According to first post some mate finished 1st season so... it works with with 11.1 update. I also have some pretty results with Dortmund... Be patient at your first 8-10 matches. Pitch size: Maximum.

Archived