FM10: Eljero Elia

291415.png

Eljero George Rinaldo Elia (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɛldʒəroʊ ˈeːliɐ]; born 13 February 1987 in Voorburg) is a Dutch footballer of Surinamese descent, who plays for German Bundesliga club Hamburger SV and the Netherlands national team. Prior to joining HSV in 2009, Elia played for ADO Den Haag and FC Twente. He made his debut for the Dutch national team in September 2009, scoring on his debut, and participated at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. In 2009, Elia was awarded the Johan Cruijff Award for "Young Player of the Year" in the Netherlands.

Elia starts off at HSV where he is one of their prized possessions resultably he isn't very cheap, on my game however after two years of battling relegation playoffs HSV were finally dumped into the second division, resultably Elia wanted to leave and was transfer listed for £5million, Arsenal then went in and stole him. He then suffered a miserable year at arsenal, struggling to make the first team and only getting about 8 appearances. So I then found him on the transfer list again, this time for £5.5million. I saw this as a no brainer and straight away bought him, he has been relatively successful for my side averaging a nice rating (one of the bundesliga's top 3 best averagers) and getting quite a few assists along the way.

I use Elia as an inside forward which although others may disagree with pretty much works, he may not have some of the attributes to be sensational at it but he sure does get the job done for my side..

I'm also sure most of you will recognise him from the world cup, where he was relatively alright...

11eljeroelia.png

Wow, can't believe he doesn't have a thread.

Anyway had him in my Spurs save when I lost Lennon to Barca. Absolutely brilliant. Most of the time. Can sometimes have patches of poor, poor form. Scores and assists in quantity. :thup:

Wow, can't believe he doesn't have a thread.

Anyway had him in my Spurs save when I lost Lennon to Barca. Absolutely brilliant. Most of the time. Can sometimes have patches of poor, poor form. Scores and assists in quantity. :thup:

Was annoyed myself, couldn't really be asked to make a thread.

But yeah he does have poor patches... He started off really crap for my Leverkusen side. Been brilliant lately though

Due to you being in the German league with Leverkusen, did you have to overpay AF7? Due to you being a rival.

I am also a little bit confused to why he doesn't have a thread, he is a very rapid player on FM and when I signed him, he seemed to score more than he got assists :D Which annoyed me!

Due to you being in the German league with Leverkusen, did you have to overpay AF7? Due to you being a rival.

I am also a little bit confused to why he doesn't have a thread, he is a very rapid player on FM and when I signed him, he seemed to score more than he got assists :D Which annoyed me!

Well luckily no, at first when he was on the transfer list I had my bid of £5million accepted but Elia rejected me for Arsenal, he then had a miserable season at Arsenal and wanted to be transfer listed again, so I then managed to steal him for the beautiful fee of £5.5million,

Great buy, doesn't seem to get all that many goals though for me :confused:

Nice little pacey winger though, it's lucky he's a LW though else I'd have no use for him

Love this kid IRL. Not sure about the game

I had a spell with Hamburg around Easter and played him as an inside forward (support) on both wings (I had Jovetic too so he couldn't always play on the left) Zé Roberto tutored him and I managed to get his determination up to either 15 or 16 which helped him a lot and he was class for me.

Archived