+ Reply to Thread

Thread: unrealistic negotiations?

Part-Timer

Default unrealistic negotiations?

teams keep bidding 1-3k for my players either their value or just above, but then i negotiate for ten times the amount to warn them off and clubs are almost always agreeing to the negotiation

Part-Timer

Default Re: unrealistic negotiations?

really no one else thinks this is stupid?

Amateur

negotiate even higher then you may be in for a good pay day

Amateur

When I negotiate the players get angry that I wont let them leave... even if the other team hasn't decided yet.

Part-Timer

What so, you are raising the offer from 1k to 10k and they are happy to offer you that. Of course they would. They see your club as poor and try to initially rip you off. In fact, increasing a big by just a measly 9K is nothing, so they are happy to do it in order to get their man.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyjohnmulhern View Post
    What so, you are raising the offer from 1k to 10k and they are happy to offer you that. Of course they would. They see your club as poor and try to initially rip you off. In fact, increasing a big by just a measly 9K is nothing, so they are happy to do it in order to get their man.
    but it's not a small amount to these teams to increase so much really. i mean granted they can spend more but still...

negotiations for average players have been bid of 1k, maybe 2k and i have negotiated to up to 30k (the value of players who would be a MASSIVE boost for my club if i could spend that) and they accept without batting an eye

Part-Timer

i just negotiated in this summer's window from 8k with clauses (2k up front) to 50k and they made the bid. i guess the teams have more money than me but if it's really that they are just trying to tempt me with no money because i'm so poor then that's harsh. i'm in the same league as these teams and my transfer budget was 15k this season, the first time i've ever had one.

Amateur

They obviously want the player and due to the small amount involved, they can bid that high (x10). If your player was worth £10m and you asked for £100m, they simply wouldn't (probably) do it...

Part-Timer

yeah but why do you think it's a small amount when i just told you my own transfer budget is 15k and these teams are in my division, is that not a bit odd?

Sports Interactive Glenn Wakeford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by likesiamesefish View Post
    yeah but why do you think it's a small amount when i just told you my own transfer budget is 15k and these teams are in my division, is that not a bit odd?
    No, every club has different finances and circumstances. If they were throwing millions around, that would be odd.

Part-Timer

right, not too sure how you make the distinction there but... ha

+ Reply to Thread