I have lost all my saved games

Absolutely devastated, had a really good Man City save going (5 seasons in) and went into steam as normal to launch FM when i noticed the load last game was not available, this set alarm bells off, and sure enough my worst fears were realized, i had no saved games/ tactics in my folders, and all folders were showing as last edited 1/2/09.

Anyway to retrieve old games and what may have caused this?

Cheers

Absolutely devastated, had a really good Man City save going (5 seasons in) and went into steam as normal to launch FM when i noticed the load last game was not available, this set alarm bells off, and sure enough my worst fears were realized, i had no saved games/ tactics in my folders, and all folders were showing as last edited 1/2/09.

Anyway to retrieve old games and what may have caused this?

Cheers

I don't think so. At a guess, perhaps it was your anti-virus software that removed the files. So they could be in quarantine, they could be in your recycle bin. If not...

i also wanna know how to fix a game that says 'saved game can not be loaded'

Don't hijack other people's threads. -_-

• 1 month later...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!

I had also lost ALL of my saved games because of the 9.3.0 patch.

I too was devastated as I had Stevenage to Championship and about five or six seasons in.

I downloaded the patch, ran the patch and it said that it had trouble with Line 184 and so I ran it again.

This was last night and I just tried to start my games and they had gone.

As I was writing this post I did a search for the game name and found them!!!!!!!!!!

They are in your My Pictures folder under sports interative, FM2009, games

God knows why, but they are there.

Anti virus will not do anything to your files, I run virus checks whilst playing and always have my anti virus on in the background as I have broadband and playing in windowed mode,i need protection on the web and I have no probs with my game.

Archived