Youth are rubbish

I was Man United and after my first season i got about 5 fantastic youth players through that had potential to be first team players. However they didn't improve enough and now only have the ability to play in league one. How can i get my youth players so good? Help please!

I was Man United and after my first season i got about 5 fantastic youth players through that had potential to be first team players. However they didn't improve enough and now only have the ability to play in league one. How can i get my youth players so good? Help please!

getting them to learn from first team players, playing them in first team games, assigning the best possible member of the backroom staff to control the youth team, loaning them out for experience

Well i am a bit hesitant to loan them out cos i think i have a good training team. Like all my training categories are like 6 star. When just normal coaches coach my youth team, do they have to have high attributes in coaching youngsters. Cos most of them dont, will this be the problem?

do they have to have high attributes in coaching youngsters. Cos most of them dont, will this be the problem?

i guess it would help, better off having coaches that are good at training youngsters rather than just general coaches, unless ofcourse they are training youth gk's then maybe training gk's would be more beneficial.

Cheers will try that out. Should i loan them out as soon as i get them in so at like 16 years old, or when they sign professional conracts

I tend to nurture my young players until they are about 18 then think about loaning them because I have better training facilities/coaches/youth setup at my club. Also when I loan them out I tend to only accept the offers that garuntee them 1st team football instead of sittin on the bench at a crap club training with crap coaches.

Worked for me so far, failing that tho if they get to about 23/24 and arent improving as much as I hoped I look at gettin rid of them

Hey you are generous Gregs_Gooners !!...if they havent started making the odd first team appearance and performing well by the time they are 21 I am looking to shift them on !

But back to the topic I normally do like some of the other guys, wait for the promising youth players to get proper full-time contracts, then set their status to Available for Loan...then I either choose some affiliate clubs for them to go to, or wait for League 1/Championship clubs to come and take them for a season.

when i know i have a potential good youngster i play them in the 1st season (if brought through the ranks) at least 10-15 times in the first team, no matter how young, no matter how good. Then after that i normally send them out on loan. BUT ONLY TO TEAMS WHO SAY HE WILL BE A VALUABLE ASSET. That is important, so he gets games.

Archived