Before I lose my sanity,,, help please!!!!!

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/SussexHammer/?action=view&current=WESTBROMWESTHAM.jpg

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/SussexHammer/?action=view&current=WIGANWESTHAM.jpg

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/SussexHammer/?action=view&current=MANCITYWESTHAM.jpg

The above are a pick of the continuing 1-0 defeats I keep experiencing. Yes,,, I know it happens IRL but I'm getting this with regularity and then I go and beat Chelsea 4-1!!!

I play a 4-4-2 and my strikers are Bojan, Cardozo and Ashton, hardly shrinking violets in front of goal.

Any ideas guys, I think I have used every option slider wise since this games release and I cannot understand the lack of consistency in results.

I'm not expecting to win each game but I would expect to win at least 70 % of games I'm on top in??!!!!

you want to experiment with the formation a bit, maybe try it for a cup game like a 4-3-3 chelsea style or something. even if it dont work the change might spur your players on using 4-4-2

Tried 4-3-3, 4-1-3-2, 5-4-1, 4-2-3-1,,,,,,,the list is endless. Attacking, defending, normal!!!

Against West Brom I went from short crisp passing to a desperate long quick passing. Guess what they continued to play short crisp passing!!!

download one mate, it makes the game fair that way

That's not why I play it though. Winning 4 Champions Leagues and 5 Premier League Titles in 08 with my own tactics is what it is all about. Of course neither works in 09!!!

The thing is there are only so many options you can give a player up front and if you can't get Bojan scoring you have problems!!

Tried 4-3-3, 4-1-3-2, 5-4-1, 4-2-3-1,,,,,,,the list is endless. Attacking, defending, normal!!!

Against West Brom I went from short crisp passing to a desperate long quick passing. Guess what they continued to play short crisp passing!!!

Maybe thats the point, you have tried a lot so the player can't settle in a certain one.

are your mentalities linked or miles apart?

download one mate, it makes the game fair that way

What does that mean?

Yer but the game is cracked tho fellow sussex person

you need to cheat to have fun

You don't have to cheat to have fun. Some people may have to and there is nothing wrong with that but you certainly do not have to cheat to have success.

Anyway what I have been saying many times today and yesterday, have you looked at other things as well as tactics. I always stick with my tactics through thick and thin even when I underacheived and got sacked with Blackburn, I am now with Lazio and doing pretty well so far. Tactics are only 1 aspect but people start blaming these when things go wrong and start chopping and changing which can make things worse.

Maybe thats the point, you have tried a lot so the player can't settle in a certain one.

are your mentalities linked or miles apart?

I play global bar centre backs and a defensive midfielder. Actually sorted my defence out to an extent by making my keeper more attacking so it works well with offside and a higher defensive line. Creating loads of chances but the usual "hits keepers chest" on 1 on 1, "crossing hitting the first man", that sort of thig.

As for Bojan. Hardly cheating. Not my fault the game allows you to sign him on a free!!!

The thing is - regardless of what his tactics are he should be winning those games. In reality if a team had stats like that they would win more than they lost. Surely his tactics would be wrong if he wasn't creating chances and having bags of posession. I'm in a similar situation - I usually dominate games as far as posession, have more than or the same chances but have had a glut of 0-0 draws, not as bad as 1-0 defeats but still very frustrating!

You've been barely ontop in any of those games. It's not exactly that bad to have lost all three 1-0. You were away from home, and in real terms the games were fairly even.

In terms of consistancy:

How do you pick your team? The more consistant the better.

Do you always keep a core of your best players playing?

Do you play players who's condition is below 90%?

Do you fiddle with the sliders every match? This can create problems.

Do you change your tactics nearly constantly? That's a sure fire way to destroy your team and your form.

How do you approach the media? Be positive if you think you can actually win.

How do you talk to your team? This can be vital sometimes.

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/SussexHammer/?action=view&current=WESTBROMWESTHAM.jpg

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/SussexHammer/?action=view&current=WIGANWESTHAM.jpg

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/SussexHammer/?action=view&current=MANCITYWESTHAM.jpg

The above are a pick of the continuing 1-0 defeats I keep experiencing. Yes,,, I know it happens IRL but I'm getting this with regularity and then I go and beat Chelsea 4-1!!!

I play a 4-4-2 and my strikers are Bojan, Cardozo and Ashton, hardly shrinking violets in front of goal.

Any ideas guys, I think I have used every option slider wise since this games release and I cannot understand the lack of consistency in results.

I'm not expecting to win each game but I would expect to win at least 70 % of games I'm on top in??!!!!

Just a suggestion but try reducing your ST & MID mentality to Normal and increasing their creativity to a couple of notches just over (maybe Scott Parker or similar a bit higher in central mid).

Also try playing slower tempo and counter attack.

See how it goes

You've been barely ontop in any of those games. It's not exactly that bad to have lost all three 1-0. You were away from home, and in real terms the games were fairly even.

In terms of consistancy:

How do you pick your team? The more consistant the better.

CONSISTANT

Do you always keep a core of your best players playing?

YES

Do you play players who's condition is below 90%?

RARELY

Do you fiddle with the sliders every match? This can create problems.

NO

Do you change your tactics nearly constantly? That's a sure fire way to destroy your team and your form.

NO

How do you approach the media? Be positive if you think you can actually win.

ALWAYS POSITIVE

How do you talk to your team? This can be vital sometimes.

ALWAYS POSITIVE

Thing is guys I am creating chances but strikers with a finishing stat of 16 and above are missing a lot. Now NONE of the above would make any difference IRL whether a top player scores or not!!!

Just a suggestion but try reducing your ST & MID mentality to Normal and increasing their creativity to a couple of notches just over (maybe Scott Parker or similar a bit higher in central mid).

Also try playing slower tempo and counter attack.

See how it goes

I play a global attacking, so would lowering Individual mentalities work? If my strikers are having 6 odd chances on goal in a game is lowering their mentality really going to work?

Also if I play an attacking mentality would not counter attacking be counter productive?

As for Scott Parker, he has low "flair" so would high creativity benefit him?

What annoys me is you have a striker on FWR Often but your winger crosses it and your striker isn't anywhere near the area.

Or your striker is clean through and hits it straight at the goalkeepers chest!!!

But I thought the result of each game was determined before kick off depending on how you lined up? So if everything remained the same surely the result should stay the same should it not?

When you start the match it calculates the result of the half (and it takes not only line-ups into consideration but also team-talks and of course the tactics) but, and this is the important part, every time you or the AI manager makes a change it recalculates the rest of the half including those changes. And the game also features random occurances (or luck, a shot might or might not go in after hitting the post).

Archived