Hiding FM 09 and Steam

Ok, so I can't play FM 09 on this computer because it only has 246mb of RAM :thdn: So, my brother has a laptop and it has 1gb of RAM so i'll be able to play it on his. But the thing is, he hates me playing all these games which I get obssessed with and thinks computers shouldn't be used for games because they take up too much space and make it slow. So i'm going to have to download FM 09 onto his laptop when he's out, but can I hide FM 09 and Steam so he doesn't know they're on his laptop? Also, will downloading FM 09 and Steam make his laptop slower so he will notice?

Steam starts automaticly and will have an icon in the bottom right, so he might notice it. Computers not for games?:thdn:

Are you saying your for my brother with computers aren't for game or for me? :D He hates Football Manager, really he's a control freak lol he thinks he's my Dad ;)

Are you saying your for my brother with computers aren't for game or for me? :D He hates Football Manager, really he's a control freak lol he thinks he's my Dad ;)

Nope, that's why im playing FM:D

Me mates brother was similar he only went on the pc to upgrade it and make scripts for no reason.

That wouldn't exactly hide Steam & FM from his brother though ;)

Just install steam in C:\WINDOWS\Web\printers or something.

Off course you need to hide it from add/remove software applet .. you could do this .. but be careful :p (assuming he has xp and not vista)

There's no way to hide it properly, but if you make sure Steam doesn't open when you start the computer and delete all the shortcuts (including in the Start Menu) then he might not find it unless he goes looking.

Really though, you should save up your pocket money and buy yourself a computer :p

Just thought, if your CPU is fast enough, you can actually buy a gigabyte of RAM for about £13 quid and install it yourself, if you know what you're doing. Try here www.ebuyer.co.uk

Yer on crucial.com i can get 2gb of RAM for £18.38 but I don't know how to install it but I have a mate who says he's put a whole computer together before and that he can do it but he wasn't sure, but my parents aren't in a very good financial position to buy me the RAM atm I think. So i'm pretty sure upgrading MY computer or buying a new one is a no go atm.

Archived