Touchline bans? Realistic or Annoying?

They've been in there for a couple of versions now and for me are realistic. Kain has said that criticising the referee does nothing to help you but I guess it's the same in real life, how often do we see managers moaning about refs during match of the day, knowing that the ref will not change his mind. And in reall ife managers do recieve touchline bans.

I think they're quite silly.

I used the comments "I think we should've been given a penalty" and "The referees decision did not have much impact on the match" in a press conference after a continental competition and I got a touchline ban by the national FA for the next league game. Realistic?

I think they're quite silly.

I used the comments "I think we should've been given a penalty" and "The referees decision did not have much impact on the match" in a press conference after a continental competition and I got a touchline ban by the national FA for the next league game. Realistic?

yes its realistic .. u been moaning to much.

I think you missed the point. I was playing a game in the Asian Champions League and complained about the refs in that game. Then I got a touchline ban by the Indonesian FA which made me miss our next league game in the Indonesian Super League. Surely only the Asian equivalent of UEFA would be able to hand out touchbans from Asian Champions League games?

• 6 months later...

First of all, under the existing system, since saying anything bad about referee gives nothing but touchline ban, I believe the corresponding news item should not pop up after every controversial accident happens. If it must exist, then let it be a button or something hiding somewhere and does not disturbe people unless they explicitly want to use it.

Secondly, it is much more welcome if the referee interaction system becomes a new feature. In real life, it is true that saying something about referee would be likely to bring imminent negative results; but in the long run, the FA or the referee committee sometimes would consider their treatment toward your team and it is not impossible that they do something good in return: for example, appointing more capable referees to officiate your future games.

As it happens, sometimes players argue with referee on the pitch and we all know this behavior will not change the decision made by the referee; however, the referee's future officiating in that game would be affected possibly. Or, at least, that referee would question himself whether he has made the right decision.

Archived