players influence captain material

Hi guys

done a search and cant seem to find this (probably been asked a million times) i have a centre back he 25 and is constantly my best player. His influence is only 12 if I make his captain would his influence improve? How does influence improve in the game.

Think it just develops slowly with other mental stats. On another note, is there anything else to consider for captain other than influence and speaking the language? ie does a high rep player inspire everyone?

Detirmination is also good for captains

An influence of 12 is decent in the lower levels of the semi-professional teams. Same goes for determination.

I've found the best combination for the style of play I prefer is a captain who's got three positive mental stats. Influence, Determination, and Team work in the highest combination as long as their age is 24+. Tie breakers are decided by whomever has better decision-making.

Now, that said, I always make sure the captain is also listed as squad status of "first team" or "key player." BEFORE they are assigned to being a captain.

The attributes required for a captain (not opinion, fact) are: Influence, Determination, first-team regular, time at the club.

The language I'm sure is needed, but if you're picking him as captain then he should already be able to speak the right language given the other stuff he needs to be picked.

I'm not sure about Work Rate and Teamwork but obviously they can't do any harm.

Archived