4-5-1/4-1-4-1

when playing football manager i can't seem to settle on a particular 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 formation,i constantly keep tweaking and altering the formation.Most of the time for the worst at the moment im playing 4-1-4-1 my tactics are pretty basic i'm 4th in the premier league with burnley season 4,yet i feel my team is capable of doing more.My team is as follows:-

GK-David Baker (added into game)free

DR-Nedum Onohua (Man City)free

DL-Sergio Rubio (added into game)900k

DC-Even Hovland (somewhere in norway)900k

DC-Jorge Guagua (somewhere in ecuador)2.2m

ML-Niels Jorgensen (added into game)1.5m

DMC-fabian delph (leeds)1m

MC-Steven defour (standard liege)10m

MC-Axel Witsel (standard liege)12m

MR-Gabriel Torje (steau bucharest)1.3m

FWD-Vaclav kadlec (sparta/slavia prague)1.5m

Player Mentality

Everyone as team mentality 2+ normal except kadlec,delph-normal,defour all out attck.

F-arrows often

defour,witsel,torje

B-arrows

The back 4

no playmaker

no target man

tight marking selected

passing-first notch onto slow

tempo-first notch onto quick

Def line-Home(normal),away(-2 from normal)

All on zonal marking

What im looking for is general help on making this tactic better so i stop tweaking player instructions and i get the balance right

my last 3 results.

3-1 vs arsenal at home

1-1 vs tottenham away

1-1 vs man city away

All post are welcome and any constructive critisism and ideas are welcomed,what works for you on the 4-5-1?

Which variation is used the most and appears to be the most succesful?Whether it's on fmlive or just the game itself.

I don't have tight marking on the forward,i'll try the wingers without it,also i have my cm that does't have f-arrow man marking who i consider their best midfielder.I'm the highest scoring team from set pieces so my corners and indirect free kicks must work.Any other suggestions what about throw ins?I leave my dm playing similair to a cm so he can cover my attacking cm.

Archived