Part time

Hi, i just found a regen on a free who looks pretty good and is rated as a definate purchase so i put in a bid for him, which was accepted. He is 17 at the minute and in West Ham reserves, i proceeded to negotiate a full time contract, not youth, with him when i got a news message saying he would prefer a part time contract. WTF? Has anyone seen this themselves or know what is behind it?

He has now signed a part time contract that i offered him but im still curious as to know why?

Student maybe?

You wouldn't be a student and go and play professionally for a football team. One of my mates has just been called into the Aston Villa youth team and he wanted to come to the sixth form at my school but because he was working full-time now at Villa he couldn't.

Yeah I have had this with a couple of youth players and never quite figured out why. They were normally rubish and not predicted to do very well so some of them may have fallen by the wayside.

Thats the thing though, he is predicted to be a leading premier division player in the future! It annoys me because i bought him for 1.3 mill and i dont like splashing out money players, well not that much anyway!

Archived