Playing from the disc ??

I just got the game as a xmass pressie,,and installed it on my laptop and PC without any problem ( or so i thought)/ I noticed when it installed on the laptop that there wasnt any FM shortcut as usual, and there was when it installed on the PC. But as it loaded with this STEAM thing and I was enjoying the game , I never bothered much. NOW tho I am away at work from the house without a internet connection,, and I couldn't get the game to load.

Surely you dont have to be connected through STEAM to the internet all the time to be able to play this version??

I uninstalled it and re installed it from the disc with NO connection,, however when I tried the game its similar to a BETA version,, e.g at top of page below title where version NO would be ,,instead just lots of numbers, ,, and there are NO rating numbers for the players.

I am now back online at home but when I Clicked on check update ,,it just took me to a MAc VERSION! I did come accross a BIT TORRENT version for V9.2 for PC ,,but not exactly sure where to save it too,,or what to do once it downloaded. (thought there would be an official update ??)

Can someone please help me out ,, if I uninstall and re install again with NET connection ,, is there a way to play the game OFFLINE (as before that option on steam failed) ?? And if you can do both ,,will saved game data played through steam be able to play when i go away again and log in offline ???

HELP PLS:confused::confused:

Uninstall it then re-install it and use UniLoc to activate it. Download the 9.2 patch separately and save it to your desktop. When its saved, double-click on it and it should install to your FM folder automatically. After that you dont need the disc to play it. :)

The link to the 9.2 patch should be in one of the sticky threads at the top of this forum.

cheers guys for the quick response,, what exactly is Uniloc ?? I didnt have any trouble getting V9.2 IF i install as normal,, that STEAM thing updates it. Are you saying re install offline so as not to include STEAM then ??. I have removed all the steam stuff from the laptop.

i already uninstalled it,, but i tried before to play it through steam in the offline Mode. Didnt work ,,instead I just kept getting some msg about log in data not held on this PC.or something like that :confused: will give the patch a try see if that does the trick

You can install either way and play the game offline. There's constantly this myth being peddled that using Steam forces you to always stay connected. It's completely untrue. You can either run Steam in offline mode or just create a shortcut to the game and never use Steam again, if that's your preference.

just create a shortcut to the game and never use Steam again, if that's your preference.

For anyone who thinks that all SI staff/testers/whatever are in on some conspiracy together and must all be lying - this does work, its what im doing- steam aint on, and im playing as we speak (and losing to WEST BLOODY HAM!)

im well confused,, i have re installed everything and tried dissconecting all my router settings just to see if you could play STEAM Unconnected and it did launch the game. So why didnt it work earlier ??

One thing ,, how do i create a shortcut to FM09 so I dont have to depend totally on STEAM?

I cant see any shortcut in the menu,, and I have looked in the hard drive program files and there is only the one folder named sport interactive. When opened there is a footballmgr2009 folder,,when i open that it contains 3 files

1. Uninstall_Football Manager 2009 (File Folder)

2. Football_Manager_2009_InstallLog (text doc)

3. saAuditMD.dll (App file) which just brings up my spybot

So none of these would seem to hold any of the actual game data,,the whole size is only about 500kb ,,, so where is it ?

Archived