Scream at the ref button

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

You know how annoying it is during the game, nothing's going your way, all your players are getting crocked, your mates on the phone whinging mid-match as he's losing 1-0 at home purely because he has 7 first team players injured from the previous game.

Why not introduce a "scream at the ref" button. We're all guilty of screaming at the computer, we know it, everyone in your house knows it, the cat knows it, why shouldn't the ref?!

Obviously the skill would be to use this sparingly or else place yourself liable to being sent to the stands as in real life, but it could be a good option to have and maybe make the ref think twice when your star centreback gets elbowed in the face and their striker gets no card whatsoever.

Works both ways, give too much of it, cheerio, touchline ban, fine, further reprimand from the boys at the FA, but also let the ref know your not happy!

Maybe a thing for FM10?

QUOTE: I personally don't think it would add anything to the gameplay.

(Sorry, quote button was having a laugh at me and wasn't working!)

Depends how it was developed. I think that obviously the "ref" part of the game would need to be tweaked a bit. An obvious addition to this would be adding "influenced rating" to their stats.

I'd love a scream at the ref button due to the amount I yell at my laptop or cat whenever a decision that is wrong goes against me. Another idea is a scream at your players button during a match and not just at half/full time.

Nice idea matey!

"Oh for **** sake shoot your ****** ************ *********************!" Would be a welcome addition to the game ;-)

I'd much prefer a "Scream at the players when they play like schoolgirls" button (not just at half-time).

Same here. Screaming at the ref wouldn't do much, I guess. But yelling at the players could be the thump they need to pick up their game.

Personally think this sort of thing would be more suitable for something like Fifa Manager.

Seems more cosmetic than anything else.

Yeah but the amount of times I've wanted to smash something due to dodgy decisions/players means it could be a fun addition.

Archived