Reccomend me a setup for my laptop.

F94

Hey, my laptop is a couple of years old and I got FM09 today for christmas. Im gonna head down to the computer shop in a couple of days and get my RAM, memory etc. updated. What do I need to get it to run a very decent speed as I only have about £100 so I want to spend money only on what will benefit me when playing Football Manager, but any reccomendations are helpful. Some of my specs atm are 410 @ 1.46GHz 1.46GHz, 504MB of RAM (whatever that means, I am pretty computer illiterate haha)

Thanks.

I'm running on a modest 2ghz pentium core 2 duo (Intel T5750 I think) with 3gb of ram and I'm comfortably completing a season in around 12-14 hours of play (and I view highlights) whilst running the top divisions in italy, spain, frence, germany, portugal, holland, scotland plus all the english leagues - so 8 nations and 14 leagues. My laptop only cost me £350, so it depends on what you want to spend, for a modest sum you get a setup like mine which is more than enough for me, if you pay more you will exceed this performance.

So you got 4gig of RAM for 40 quid? Sounds excellent, I didn't know it was that cheap tbh.

What else will effect the running of the match engine? Would it be the graphics card or would that be a case of either running fine or not at all?

Right, that means you can put a maximum of 2 gigabytes using 2 x 1 gigbyte chips. You need PC2-4200 sticks, which thankfully you can get from anywhere, and there is no requirement for low-density modules.

Could either take it to a computer shop, and they will do it for you, but you will likely have 512 megabytes installed in 256 x 2 slots, so you need to replace the memory, rather than add to it.

2 of these would do it

http://www.pcarena.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=441

HTH m8

Im looking for a new laptop, can someone tell me if this would be any good?

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1.6GHz

Memory: 2GB

Hard Drive: 160GB

Optical Drive: DVD-SM Super Multi

Graphics: nVidia GeForce Go 7300

Screen: 15.4" TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA ) - 24-bit (16.7 million colours)

Network: 802.11b/g Wireless, 10/100 Ethernet LAN

Card Reader: 5 -in-1 card reader supports SD/MS/MMC/MSPRO multimedia storage cards.

Web Cam: 1.3MP Orbicam

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

Archived