help | can't find players based in brazil using the search =\

hi , when i created a new game i choosed few leagues and the brazilian league too...

now i wanted to search players from brazil so i entered the search i cleard the filters and choosed in the costumise filter: based in brazil.. and it found only 38 players from thw whole league...when i enter to clubs from brazil i can see all the players but i want to create a list of them in the search and i ca't do it... it also writs aboce the searh: "well known players in your region (38 found) " it can't be that in all brazil there are only 38 players

thnks everyone who helps :)

If you are not based in Brazil, or even in South America, you won't have knowledge of these players yet, so they won't appear in the player and staff search (the clue is "well known players in your region'). Hire a scout with Brazilian scouting knowledge (or send a scout to Brazil) and they'll begin to appear on this list.

Have you made sure 'Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets' is unchecked?

it wasn't marked =\

Either that, or your scouting knowledge of Brazil is not good enough.

yes i have only 3 scouts and theyr knowledge is realy not good enough...i already checked that..so i used the search of taff for brazilian scouts...and again it didn't find me alot of them...

it can't be something else? do i must check every club in brazil for players? =\

You'll have to send one of your scouts to Brazil and wait until he accumulates knowledge of Brazil. I don't think there's a lot else you can do, apart from searching all the Brazilian clubs yourself. Who (and in what country) are you managing?

Everton

it is my first time playing in football manager... i played alot in championship manager 03\04 and there i culd just to choose a country and it showed to me all the players from there..becouse of that i culd'nt understand why i can't find players

Everton

it is my first time playing in football manager... i played alot in championship manager 03\04 and there i culd just to choose a country and it showed to me all the players from there..becouse of that i culd'nt understand why i can't find players

You're wasting your time scouting Brazil for players anyway if you're Everton.

The only Brazilian players worth bringing to the EPL either won't get a work permit, or they're already playing in Europe. Or they're under 18 and not allowed to sign abroad anyway.

Everton

The player search screen has changed from older versions. Back then it just used to be a list of players in the game, now it is a list of players who are within the club's knowledge base.

i look also players from argentina and another countries in south america..do they also can't get a work permit?

Most of the ones you want won't be able to. Every now and then you'll find one with dual citizenship somewhere in the EU.

You should get yourself a Belgian feeder club so you can send your non-EU players there for 3 years until they acquire Belgian citizenship. Though I'm not sure the Everton Board will offer you that option straight away.

Once you do get a Belgian feeder club (Polish clubs work well too because it only takes 3 years to gain Polish citizenship), make sure you sign your non-EU players on contracts of 4 years or more. Otherwise they'll get their EU citizenship exactly when their contract runs out - and about 6 months after they sign for somebody else on a free.

Unless this has been fixed for FM09.

But really, if you're managing in the EPL you only need a scout in each of UK & Ireland, Italy, Spain and maybe Germany and France.

Other than that stick one in each of Scandinavia, Central Europe, Southern Europe and Eastern Europe looking for youth players.

Forget about South America and the rest of the world - let the Dutch, Belgian and Portuguese clubs recruit from there and you poach them once they qualify for a work permit.

I was wondering about this as well. I found it difficult finding foreign talent even when using the filtered search with 'unrealistic' unchecked.

If you know the players name you can usually pull them up though even when the country isn't loaded. i.e. Rebosio is a Peruvian defender I heard about and I searched him and made an offer.

I also have players from Japan loaded but when I searched for Endo, who plays for Gamba Osaka and their National team. I got no hit. Anyone know why?

Didn't know the scout had to have some knowledge of that region to get a better hit. Thanks.

If you are not based in Brazil, or even in South America, you won't have knowledge of these players yet, so they won't appear in the player and staff search (the clue is "well known players in your region'). Hire a scout with Brazilian scouting knowledge (or send a scout to Brazil) and they'll begin to appear on this list.

I always knew the search brought up players in Europe only, but I didnt realise you could change this. I thought players elsewhere would only appear in scout seaches only forever!

Archived