Does the game have inbuilt balancing for neglected clubs?

My club have gone into administration and I consequently had to sell or release 36 players.

I now have fourteen players on the books.

At the end of the season, will the game give me a better/larger than average youth intake or is my club just doomed to slide down the leagues into nothing?

I cannot really answer your question precisely. In some of the earlier version of the game, the amount of players you had promoted was greatly dependant on the amount of players you had. However, in FM 2009, I haven't noticed any significant difference (when releasing all reservese and U18s), but I haven't paid that much attention either.

Thanks for digging this one out Bondo. :thup:

I was wondering, because I have only got fourteen senior players and only one kid in the u18's on a permenant contract and we've got no money at all. Yet I am expected to keep the club competative ..

So would still like to hear any input on how it plays out when 'big' clubs go under. I presume they tend to have better facilities than lower league clubs and can product better young players to stop them sinking too far?

Well - i doubt you get more players - I currently have a youth squad of nearly 150 players and a senior team of 30 - ive gotten 7-9 youth players each season since I started (7 years playing time so far) so the larger your squad - has no effect on the number of players you get.

Dont forget, you get the grey players, and there is always free transfers.

Yup thats always a good point. I doubt that there is a loading for more youth if you go into administation as its unlikely to happen IRL. I cant see liverpool going into administration selling half the squad and then suddenly pulling 20 extra youngsters out the hat to stay competitve?

Errr? Leeds United anyone? they went from Prem league to League 2 within 5 seasons if I'm not mistaken but they're making a comeback slowly but surely.

To answer you question though, when a club of mine went into adminstration, I had to sell most of my players. After the second transfer window with almost no funds for transfers I left the club.

Archived