Unable to scout English leagues (no reports from scouts)

As per titles really, apologies if it's been covered elsewhere but i couldnt see anything.

As Everton in the Premier League, i've assigned a scout to the Championship but he's not filing any player reports at all. No filters have been set (such as age/value etc) and i was expecting him to report back on at least some players? The Championship is already 9 games in.

Is this a known issue ?

I had pretty much the same issue in 2008 as well...

No reports coming into your inbox? Or no reports under his "Assignments" tab?

no reports under his assignment tab, there's basically no players in the assignment :)

the other scout is reporting on English under 18's fine, a few players in his assignment reports and the 2 other country scouts are reporting on Holland and Belgium both fine.

but for some reason, the English Championship isn't showing any players whatsoever and it didn't for me in FM2008 either :/

swisso: I've had the same problem, at least since FM08, probably since FM07. There are a few of the searching options that simply don't work for me. Scouting leagues is one of them, I've tried searching the UEFA cups, and that's very hit and (mostly) miss too.

I usually just search nations (max. age 17) and regions (max. age 18), plus international cups (varying between max. age, max. value, etc.)

I am playing 08 and am in the Blue Square Prem. I set my scout to League 2 and basically forgot about him. 3 months later I remember but like the OP said there were no reports on any players. I haven't set any parameters so would expect somebody to be scouted and reported on?

I am playing 08 and am in the Blue Square Prem. I set my scout to League 2 and basically forgot about him. 3 months later I remember but like the OP said there were no reports on any players. I haven't set any parameters so would expect somebody to be scouted and reported on?

Yeah, that's my thinking too. If nothing else, at least they should report the 3-5 best players from that league, and point out that they're still not very good despite being best in that league.

The scouting feature has been somewhat changed/expanded for 2009, but it's flaws remain unchanged.

I'm actually surprised then, because this has been going on since FM2008 for me and it's quite a big part of the game when i take control of Everton as i struggle to find players with limited funds so i want to scout the Championship to find the next Lescott, Cahill, Jagielka etc.

I'll make a thread in Bugs :)

Archived