small thing, makes a big difference, question

I am rufc who start with -17 in league 2

the board expecctations are respectable league position, which is fine, basically stay up.

However i have to change it to one fo four options, top half, promotion, title challenge, or winner. or i cant carry on

is there way of saying either agreeing with the board or saying its gonna be hard.

this is important because although i got myself out of the relegation zone, it was only by a few points i got sacked cosi sed i could finish top half.

now maybe i could do if i was a better manager but the main question is, can you bypass the expectations part because for a team like rufc its not fair to only have those four options?

cheers

You can still choose what expectations you want, depending on how well you THINK you will do in that season. Just because the board expect a respectable position, doesn't mean you can't select Challenge for the title, etc. If you choose higher expectations, you should get a slightly bigger transfer and wage budget to help you. But be careful, because the board will have much higher expectations if you choose to challenge for the title, or whatever you choose.

No, you can't bypass the preseason expectations. At that does seem wrong for them not to give avoid relegation as an option - might be a bug/known issue.

I've never found a way to lower expectations, or disagree with a board's range of expectations. In previous versions you could ask the board for more time to rebuild the squad - not sure if that made it into this version, but I think that it allowed you to buy you more time if you didn't meet expectations.

There is no way to choose lower target for season, because the selection secreen chooses "the lowest expectation of board" as default. It means, the board will not accept a lower target for that squad and transfer money. For example, will it be sensible to choose "respectable league position" target for Manchester United where they were league champions last year? Of course their target will be challenging for championship again.

This is annoying. I was manager at B'mouth and they expected a top half finish. I somehow pulled it out of the bag but for alot of the season they were dissapointed because I was 2nd bottom for the first 10 games or so and then started making my way up. Despite losing only 5 games all season I was rumoured to be on the verge of the sack at times.

It doesn't take into account the minus 17 points. Slightly annoying.

Actually, this sounds like a bug.

From the OP's post, it sounds like he has only four options of budget to choose from:

- Top Half

- Promotion

- Title Challenge

- Winner

The board's stated expectation is "Respectable League Finish".

It sounds like the board's expectation takes into account the -17 points, while the budget options do not.

I'd suggest you post to the Bugs forum.

Archived