Youth and Training Faclities

i have a couple questions regarding training and youth facilities;

specifically what do good youth facilities do? do they increase the likelihood of getting players with higher potential coming through your youth team? (if not, what does? )

what does the youth academy help with? and what do i need to get one? (money? reputation?)

when do training and youth facilities affect my players? do youth facilities affect players up to the age of 18 or what?

if i am a blue square south team, and eventually get promoted to the premiership, is there any chance i would have good facilities by that time?

thanks guys :)

Good training facilities allow players to improve their attributes quicker. Good youth facilities do the same for youth. A youth academy will improve the quality of the players that join your youth team every year. Youth facilities affect every player on a Youth contract.

You need to ask your board for improvements to facilities, although sometimes they will plan improvements on their own. As you go up the leagues and get more money, the board will be more willing to improve facilities, the same goes for a Youth Academy.

Good training facilities allow players to improve their attributes quicker. Good youth facilities do the same for youth. A youth academy will improve the quality of the players that join your youth team every year. Youth facilities affect every player on a Youth contract.

You need to ask your board for improvements to facilities, although sometimes they will plan improvements on their own. As you go up the leagues and get more money, the board will be more willing to improve facilities, the same goes for a Youth Academy.

I'm not sure about the rest but I'm pretty sure that better training facilities do not actually allow players to improve their attributes quicker. If I'm not mistaken someone did several tests and confirmed that. The most important thing when it comes to development, he found, is match practice.

So to the OP, I don't think training facilities matter.

I'm not sure about the rest but I'm pretty sure that better training facilities do not actually allow players to improve their attributes quicker. If I'm not mistaken someone did several tests and confirmed that. The most important thing when it comes to development, he found, is match practice.

So to the OP, I don't think training facilities matter.

They do matter, just not as much as match practice. That way, there are benefits to having good facilities, but if a 17 year old Messi wakes up as a Welsh kid in Claefarnon or whatever, he should still develop pretty well as long as they give him games.

Actually, training facilities are what influence attribute development, and youth facilities and academies only influence the number and quality of new players coming through the ranks.

• 4 weeks later...

Since Hyde does not have youth academy and there appears to be no way of building a new one, How do i improve the quality of regens coming through?

So far in the two season in premier league, i had just one player that would make a 'decent' premier league player. Would improving youth training facitlites help the quality of players coming in?

EDIT: sorry seems you do get a youth academy eventually:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=78584&highlight=facilities

Since Hyde does not have youth academy and there appears to be no way of building a new one, How do i improve the quality of regens coming through?

So far in the two season in premier league, i had just one player that would make a 'decent' premier league player. Would improving youth training facitlites help the quality of players coming in?

EDIT: sorry seems you do get a youth academy eventually:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=78584&highlight=facilities

Along with youth facilities probably the most important factor for youth player quality is club reputation. For example a BSP team with top notch youth facilities will produce significantly worse newgens than a Prem team witht the same facilities. Unfortunately this system also leads to smaller clubs in other countries with top class youth facilities producing unrealistically poor quality newgens

Archived