Corner Kicks - A complete lottery?

It's been mentioned before, but usually hidden in the mix of other topics, but when will we finally get suitable controls for defending corners. At the moment it's a complete lottery as to whether you concede from a corner or not. I've lost count of the times I've seen opposition plays marked by totally inappropriate players, but because our options are limited to marking tall players, small players, or marking man, there's not a lot you can do with it. Isn't it about time we were able to assign specific markings for corners, like we can when assigning who to mark in open play. I'd also like to see an option of having someone standing at the edge of the 6 yard box doing a zonal marking job. It's often the case that you see corners hitting the first man in real life, in FM there's no way to put anyone in that 'first man' spot to intercept corners that are hit in low.

Corners are just too random at the moment, whilst attacking corner kicks seem a bit too ineffective unless you use a known exploit which ruins the realism anyway.

We need more flexibility for corners. I have no problem seeing the opposition score from a corner because you got your marking wrong, but seeing them score because you had no control over who stands where is infuriating.

I think the game needs more AI when it comes to defending from free kicks and corners. As there are options to chose what players you put where when attacking not every team is the same and it is even possible their tactics change several times in a game. There is no way you can adjust your defending tactic to every situation as the game isn't built that way. It really annoys me when I'm defending and one or two of the opponent players are left totally alone in a dangerous spot because I couldn't forsee that the team I'm up against will use this and that corner/free kick tactic. At these times I want to see enough AI from the players to adjust to the situation as there is no way we can go out on the field and place exactly where our players are gonna stand in each situation.

Archived