Pre-season friendlies - feeder/parent teams

anyone have any issues with this?

currently at Wrexham, pre-season 3, and Wrexham are the feeder team for Liverpool (reason I took them on :D ), with a pre-season friendly built-into the feeder team clause....

with Season 1, the pre-season fixtures were already arranged, and there was a Liverpool friendly already there, albeit with the Liverpool reserves....

2nd pre-season, the Assistant did not arrange a friendly with Liverpool, but did arrange the usual batch of other friendlies....

at the start of season 3 now, and STILL the Assistant is not arranging a Liverpool friendly - tried arranging it manually, on free dates for both clubs, and they keep turning it down?!?

it's also been impossible to get any loanees off them - the feeder team arrangement is only for pre-season friendlies, but still, you would have thought it would be easier to get 1 or 2 young players on short loans, when they aren't playing or being chased by another team?!? :confused:

anyone else noticed any issues with friendlies - cannot see anything in the bugs/lower league forums like this??

If you're still playing in the Blue Square Premier, it's probably lower than Liverpool want to send any of their players. Don't know why you're not getting friendlies against them, though.
nah, got promoted to League 1 now, (back-to-back titles :D )....

the BSQ pre-season friendly in Season 1 was arranged (I guess) in the database prior to loading, but there has been nowt for 2 seasons now! :confused:

Wrexham now have 2 titles and 2 cups, so my manager stature must be doing alright!

been able to get loanees off Premiership West Ham, (whilst in the BSQ!), Arsenal and one or two others, so I don't think it is a stature thing....

Liverpool haven't even offered any players out for loan to me, and the reserve team is stacked now!

mostly shocking players though, as in real life (and i'm a Liverpool fan)! :D

guess i'll probably have to cancel the link, and try and get another one, as something seems "bust" about it! :(

Tried getting a Parent Club for my Rushden team and for my Stockport team but both times (2 different saves btw lol) My board have replied saying after like a month of thinking it over they can't find anyone who will be suitable. Still in the BSP as im only a few games in but you'd have thought they'd get some team. I wasn't after a premiership side as they'd never agree to send players on loan to me, not at the moment, but League 2 at least? lol.

Alas, I'm 2nd in the league after 15 games equal points with first so its not all bad, got a few good free's to see me over lol.

Yeah I suggest getting a new parent club. Who would you have as a parent club?
Liverpool! :D

If I cancel the link, and asked the board for a parent team, they might come back again!

already tried asking the board for another parent team, but oddly they didn't say "already got one" or something similar, but instead (eventually) came back with a "could not find any" style message?!?

think something is screwed up with the "link" between the two clubs - don't recall getting any "feeder team" fee from Liverpool pre-season last time (Season 2) and certainly haven't seen any funds mentioned this pre-season (Season 3)! :confused:

no point having Liverpool there, if they won't loan out players, or play the scheduled friendlies - could do with the gate receipts, as lower league cash is a BIG problem!

despite having back-to-back titles, funds are draining out of the club like mad, even though the budget is (ususally) under control!

Archived