training

ive made 4 different schedules to add to the goalkeeper training. they are defenders, defensive midfielders, attacking midfielders, and strikers - all specific for their position e.g. intensive shooting for strikers, intensive defending for defenders.. is this a bad idea? should my squad train as one or is this a good idea? what do y'all do?

I once read that training your players together helps squad harmony but I think that was a myth. I've been doing this in my 09 game and apparently the squad harmony is fantastic depsite bringing in 5 or 6 players. So I wouldn't worry about any negatives.

i just select the obvious stuff like intensive/high defending, strength training, and tactical for defenders (with anything else that might be important e.g. pace) and intensive/high shooting, attacking, ball control, etc for attackers. then my midfielders are divided into defensive and attacking, with the settings set appropriately

any suggestions on how to make specific scheduels??

like which parts need to be higher for each position?

thx:thup:

If you click on player and go to his individual screen for training under attributes there is a filter on the right where you can select the different training catgories to see his progress, this tells you exactly what stats fall into what training categories.

I'm not going into heavy details here since it can be quite an amount of work to make your tactics.

basically you should follow your instincts regarding what you feel is important for your players. And off course train heavily for obvious areas in each position (IE a CB will naturally train a lot of defending)

A good rule that works for me (some might disagree) is to keep workload around medium. Some players might tolerate more, but could cause an excessive amount of injuries. You decide :)

Goalkeeping training is only required for goalies.

I actually can't be bothered to make a long list of good setups (sorry :D) but what you could do is look in the tactics forums and see if somebody have uploaded some for download. Otherwise I can recommend that you try searching for Tugs training schedules.

I have made my own after a while to fit my preferences. Most important is that you train players high/intense in those obvious areas and then spread out the remaining "points" to what you would prefer your players in each position to train. Remember not to exceed medium workload by too much.

If you click on player and go to his individual screen for training under attributes there is a filter on the right where you can select the different training catgories to see his progress, this tells you exactly what stats fall into what training categories.

ohh thx thats helps a lot:thup:

On the subject of training I have a stupid question to ask. If you assign 1 or 2 players to a training schedule will it affect the way they train because they won't be able to train in large groups and have practice matches, piggy in the middle etc etc. Or am I just looking into that in far too much detail?

Thanks Alot

It might just be coincidence but ive found high str/aer training tends to result in more injuries...

I have them both on the notch for 'high' and havent had many injuries with problems. 9.1.0 by the way. Any higher and it might be a different matter :)

On the subject of training I have a stupid question to ask. If you assign 1 or 2 players to a training schedule will it affect the way they train because they won't be able to train in large groups and have practice matches, piggy in the middle etc etc. Or am I just looking into that in far too much detail?

Thanks Alot

I'm pretty sure that they still train together. Some players just train more in some areas than others. Would seem odd to split a whole team up in 10+ groups to train the same.

well i did use the general training schedule for a season and the team work wasnt outstanding i still have ronaldo and nani or anderson hogging the shots and not looking for best options so thats y im trying the new schedules i see how it goes

most of my trainning schedules are on heavy workload is that bad?:confused:

well i did use the general training schedule for a season and the team work wasnt outstanding i still have ronaldo and nani or anderson hogging the shots and not looking for best options so thats y im trying the new schedules i see how it goes

most of my trainning schedules are on heavy workload is that bad?:confused:

IMO yes. Could result in high injury rates or increase the odds of a lengthy injury (several months). Also it could tire your player quickly on match day. Some might disagree.

Regarding Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson it could be tactical. Training really shouldn't affect how often they pull of shots. Maybe you should alter your tactics to give them better passing options and reduce creativity and shooting.

It might just be coincidence but ive found high str/aer training tends to result in more injuries...

Perfectly logical when you think about it. You're much more likely to get injured pumping iron etc. than practising set pieces. In fact other experiments have shown that eight notches on 'training set pieces' is equivalent to one one the fitness notches. When I've finished activating the game, in my first campaign I'm going to experiment with putting my kids on high fitness, and my first team squad (after pre-season) on the minimum to maintain fitness and pump up the other categories to improve technical and tactical abilities.

Archived