Freekicks

How often have you seen goals/key highlights where a ball has been floated into the box from a freekick?

To my recolection I've never seen this set play, despite trying different settings on the freekicks option on the team instructions.

Any time where the ball is diagonally away from the penalty box and is crying for a ball to be floated in for someone to try and get a head on it, it's either a short pass or a long shot.

How often have you seen goals/key highlights where a ball has been floated into the box from a freekick?

To my recolection I've never seen this set play, despite trying different settings on the freekicks option on the team instructions.

Any time where the ball is diagonally away from the penalty box and is crying for a ball to be floated in for someone to try and get a head on it, it's either a short pass or a long shot.

This is really annoying me at the moment.

Playing in League 1 you don't get many players with a good free kick taking attribute. Yet every time I have a free kick from 30+ yards my taker insists on shooting despite my team instructions to play it to the best header and a penalty area chock full of players who are very good in the air.

its really disappointing that we still cant control set pieces like this

because i have my centre backs set to 'forward' for free kicks because of their aerial ability, occasionally when a free kick is on the edge of the box instead of having a go at goal my free kick taker will square it to the centre back who will either blaze it over or panic and pass it back

the tactics was my biggest hope for the new version and if anything its taken a step backwards

Archived