1 chance/1 goal - Terribly unmotivating

This is total crap.

I have Napoli, was at the semi-final of UEFA and lost the first match 3-2 at Dortmun(fair and square), on the second leg however, i score on 12th minute and have 4(yes 4, no less) post/crossbar hits, and at least 5-6 key chances, including many one on ones, and yes i score NONE of them, at 84th minute, Frei has Dortmund's first or second chance of the game (can't remember) and he scores a low show from 30 yards.

That sucked, but okay i went on...

3 days later, i meet Siena, was winning 1-0 and having many chances just the same, they even got a red card, i can't score whole match, 90th minute, and they have their first chance(for sure), yeah of course they score!

4 days later, i have my italian cup semi-final against Udinese (lost 1-0 at Udine first leg), just the same, i keep having so many chances, though i must admit Udinese had about 3 too, but still can't compete with my over 10, and had to be rescued by a kick-butt free-kick of Van der Vaart at 87th minute, only to win in penalties (something actualy went my way, yay!), 3 days later again though, i play Bologna, have the same amount of chances and posession again, no goal...and yes, of course Di Vaio punished me with their first or second chance at 77th minute.

How crap can this be? It seems to be a FM virus as the 08 version had it too, believe it or not i used to have that happen 3/4 games with Portsmouth before i got rid of it, hoping 09 would be better.

You say you had 10 chances in the Udinese game, can you tell us how many were on target, half chances or good chances?

There are many reasons why this might have occured;

- Your chances weren't good chances.

- The oppositions chances were good chances.

- Your tempo is too high and it's making players rush their shot.

- Your creative freedom is too high and the players aren't following your isntructions.

AFAIC it's not a virus/bug or anything like it, of course it seems like like that, but a few tactical tweaks with the help of the T&T Forum and you'll be fine :)

You say you had 10 chances in the Udinese game, can you tell us how many were on target, half chances or good chances?

There are many reasons why this might have occured;

- Your chances weren't good chances.

- The oppositions chances were good chances.

- Your tempo is too high and it's making players rush their shot.

- Your creative freedom is too high and the players aren't following your isntructions.

AFAIC it's not a virus/bug or anything like it, of course it seems like like that, but a few tactical tweaks with the help of the T&T Forum and you'll be fine :)

This is exacly right.

There are many tactical options that may be causing your problem. Also, a shot isn't always a good shot, it could just be a long shot, therefore rarely resulting in a goal. The opposition may have made a great chance and scored a well-worked goal and your team were struggling to get near the goal and were just shooting.

Maybe you need to have a look at your keeper, try a different keeper and see if he can keep out the chances.

A trip to the TandT forum may be your best bet

I usually keep away from this topic, but I have to ask.. How many years have we had this debate now?

:D It's understandable though, I remember cursing "superkeeper" or "super striker" for years before I eventually accepted it was my own fault. It's just so much easier to blame something other yourself.

:D It's understandable though, I remember cursing "superkeeper" or "super striker" for years before I eventually accepted it was my own fault. It's just so much easier to blame something other yourself.

I dont know what you are talking about

*quoting a famous person: "the one whos without a fault, can throw the first stone"*

:angelmode: "I've never blamed anyone but myself" :D

At the same time, it's not very constructive or helpful and doesn't do much for new members perception of the forums if they are immediately welcomed by "witty" responses.

Totally agree, but they should think before they post, instead of going on and on how they think the game has cheated them.

"How crap can this be? It seems to be a FM virus as the 08 version had it too, believe it or not i used to have that happen 3/4 games with Portsmouth before i got rid of it, hoping 09 would be better."

And ending with that doesnt help him at all. I'm willing to give a few minutes to help people if they ASK, but if they just bitch they can forget it.

Ok, so to be a bit serious then. When people moaned about that in 05 or so, I decided to check the stats from my own games, mostly because I hadnt seen things like it myself. So I collected data from 500 of my own games (yes I have always been a nerd) - IIRC I think there was a difference by my goals per shot on target and AI around 1-2% or so.

And it is still the same, it is just like you say - you have to know how thing works, why things happens - then you will (in most cases) be able to eliminate things like that.

And thats (also like you pointed out) why we have T&T.

I just think it was the lack of sleep and too much coffee that made my brain haywire when I saw this coming up - again.

(and then I forgot to count to 10000....)

My goalkeeper is Enyeama, seems pretty good at times.

My strikers as for clinicalness i think are the best i could get in Napoli, which are Palermo and Denis, as well as the Lavezzi who is "supposed" to score goals. And my favorite Robert Lewandowski who has won me no less than 20 points this year with some great headers.

I might be at fault for the tempo, as i really do keep it kinda high since i like to play with long quick balls.

But then again, it didn't seem quite fair.

P.S. What's the T&T thing?

Archived