After mac-patch my game crashed right after startup HELP please

Would you be able to post your system specs for one of the dev team to take a look please?

Modelnavn: MacBook

Model-id: MacBook2,1

Processornavn: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processorhastighed: 1.83 GHz

Antal processorer: 1

Antal kerner i alt: 2

L2-buffer (pr. processor): 2 MB

Hukommelse: 2 GB

Bushastighed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM-version: MB21.00A5.B07

SMC Version: 1.13f3

Serienummer: 4H644AYNWGK

Sudden Motion Sensor:

When it crashes it says "f 26708" don't know if thats important

I get the following message

Date/Time: 2008-11-19 16:47:27.564 +0100

OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)

Report Version: 4

Command: fm

Path: /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm

Parent: WindowServer [62]

Version: 9 . 1 (9 . 1 . 0 f 26708)

PID: 2213

Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _chmod$UNIX2003

Referenced from: /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm

Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Model: MacBook2,1, BootROM MB21.00A5.B07, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 1.83 GHz, 2 GB

Graphics: Intel GMA 950, GMA 950, Built-In, spdisplays_integrated_vram

Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 1 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz

Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM1, 1 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz

AirPort: AirPort Extreme, 1.4.4

Bluetooth: Version 1.9.5f4, 2 service, 0 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1

Network Service: Parallels Host-Guest, Ethernet, en3

Network Service: Parallels NAT, Ethernet, en4

Serial ATA Device: FUJITSU MHV2060BHPL, 55.89 GB

Parallel ATA Device: MATSHITACD-RW CW-8221, 2.13 GB

USB Device: Built-in iSight, Micron, Up to 480 Mb/sec, 500 mA

USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, Apple Computer, Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA

USB Device: IR Receiver, Apple Computer, Inc., Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA

USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, Apple, Inc., Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA

Try repairing your disk permissions. Look for Disk Utility in Spotlight. Highlight your hard drive partition that OSX resides on and click repair disk permissions

or open terminal and type:

sudo -s

enter your password and press return

then type:

diskutil repairpermissions /

Wait til completed then reboot and retry opening FM

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03

SMC Version: 1.20f4

Serial Number: W87396UHX85

thats the spec on mine. come on guys please help, we're sick of getting the unfnished product here, and now because of this update we cant even play the first version of the game anymore

i hope it doesnt take 30 pages of complaints before they do anything again

I'd just like to point out that the Mac patch was always being worked on. It wasn't a case where there were 30 pages of complaints and that spurred the development team into action. It was always coming, it just took some time.

As someone has mentioned on the 'Waiting for Patch' thread. It states clearly on the Box for FM that it requires Minimum Spec: OSX 10.5.5. This is the version number of Leopard. No where it says it will work on Tiger. So it does look like SI has covered their own ar$e..

I'd just like to point out that the Mac patch was always being worked on. It wasn't a case where there were 30 pages of complaints and that spurred the development team into action. It was always coming, it just took some time.

thats pointless and just aggrivating, we've paid money for something you've sold us that is broken and we have to wait for you to fix it. SORT IT OUT

Ignore all the moaners, 99% of people very much appreciate your work, with a game this big there are bound to be bugs... Could you just answer one thing, people are reporting that on high power macs with top graphics cards people are still having the following issue:

Cannot change the 3-D resolution to medium or high. It's still auto/low on my mac.

Is this to be fixed by a future patch or is this a system issue?

As someone has mentioned on the 'Waiting for Patch' thread. It states clearly on the Box for FM that it requires Minimum Spec: OSX 10.5.5. This is the version number of Leopard. No where it says it will work on Tiger. So it does look like SI has covered their own ar$e..

NO, check the manual it clearly says tiger 10.4

That doesnt cover pre orders as most didnt specify until people had already bought it

Supposedly the manual says 10.4.11 - Tiger.

I'm not going to get too annoyed by this, I just want to know from si if there is a way to make it work. If the answer is no then meh, back in the box it goes, it's hardly worth getting worked up over or spending time on here ranting!!!

I'm not going to get too annoyed by this, I just want to know from si if there is a way to make it work. If the answer is no then meh, back in the box it goes, it's hardly worth getting worked up over or spending time on here ranting!!!

I will get worked up over it. When told the game will work on my computer....they have to make it work. Simple as that

I will get worked up over it. When told the game will work on my computer....they have to make it work. Simple as that

That's your choice, but ****ing off the very people who could help you isn't very smart in my opinion. We are all looking for the same answer, chill!

Glad i'm not the only one - hopefully this means they will bother fixing it

You can try to get Leopard for free, by going down to the humac store ( http://www.humac.dk/ ) and kindly ask for an update DVD of Leopard. As far as I remember, it work for one of my buddies. Can´t remember though whether he bought something when getting the update for free... Your Mac should run Leopard without any problems. Maybe that helps. Would of course be best, if you bought your Mac at humac. ;-)

I get the following message

Date/Time: 2008-11-19 16:47:27.564 +0100

OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)

Report Version: 4

Command: fm

Path: /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm

Parent: WindowServer [62]

Version: 9 . 1 (9 . 1 . 0 f 26708)

PID: 2213

Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _chmod$UNIX2003

Referenced from: /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm

Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Model: MacBook2,1, BootROM MB21.00A5.B07, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 1.83 GHz, 2 GB

Graphics: Intel GMA 950, GMA 950, Built-In, spdisplays_integrated_vram

Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 1 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz

Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM1, 1 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz

AirPort: AirPort Extreme, 1.4.4

Bluetooth: Version 1.9.5f4, 2 service, 0 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1

Network Service: Parallels Host-Guest, Ethernet, en3

Network Service: Parallels NAT, Ethernet, en4

Serial ATA Device: FUJITSU MHV2060BHPL, 55.89 GB

Parallel ATA Device: MATSHITACD-RW CW-8221, 2.13 GB

USB Device: Built-in iSight, Micron, Up to 480 Mb/sec, 500 mA

USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, Apple Computer, Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA

USB Device: IR Receiver, Apple Computer, Inc., Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA

USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, Apple, Inc., Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA

I have the same problem. It seems that there is a library missing or wrongly linked

avarchillion

Archived