Transfer Bugets Still So Unrealistic !

Started as Rangers with a transfer budget of 2.1m and I can accept the explanation that clubs have already spent this seasons money but then after a year , I start the 2nd season and once again Rangers who always spend 10-13m each year get 2.1m again = totaly Unrealistic amount. So rubbish and dissapointing . Why is it so hard to get this simple part right ? :(

• SI Staff

I didn't do the research for transfer budgets etc. in the game but its possible its been biased by reports such as:

http://sport.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Murray-vows-to-curb-spending.4498156.jp

(also I'd echo the people above, how is the club looking at present?)

I didn't do the research for transfer budgets etc. in the game but its possible its been biased by reports such as:

I would say fair enough...but then Portsmouth's apparent financial woes have been reported for months now and we are rich in the game!

Won the spl , got in the the CL group stage and one the scottish cup , lost out in the cis cup whilst playing a weakened side so lost the treble ( you dont think about the treble a few weeks in, i will in future tho )

and stayed well under the wage budget only activity was selling Beasley and buying Flether from hibs so i even had i think 1.7 milllion in my budget at the end of the season so they only really gave me 0.4m not even the 2.1m i said earlier !!!

• SI Staff
Won the spl , got in the the CL group stage and one the scottish cup , lost out in the cis cup whilst playing a weakened side so lost the treble ( you dont think about the treble a few weeks in, i will in future tho )

and stayed well under the wage budget only activity was selling Beasley and buying Flether from hibs so i even had i think 1.7 milllion in my budget at the end of the season so they only really gave me 0.4m not even the 2.1m i said earlier !!!

Ok two things then, for this version if you edit the database and bump their club reputation then that should increase their allowed budget a little (play around until you find a level you're happy with).

For next version if you remind me over the summer at some point (in case I forget) I promise I'll tune their active budget in line with what they've spent during this season regardless of what might be in the db - sound fair enough?

Started as Rangers with a transfer budget of 2.1m and I can accept the explanation that clubs have already spent this seasons money but then after a year , I start the 2nd season and once again Rangers who always spend 10-13m each year get 2.1m again = totaly Unrealistic amount. So rubbish and dissapointing . Why is it so hard to get this simple part right ? :(

Yeah not sure where you're getting that info from. I looked it up and over the last 2 years what they spent minus what they recouped was 7.5M over 2 years. And if they're saying right now they're going to cut back even more then 2 million per year would probably be about right for them.

while we are complaining about budgets id like to jump on the bandwagon and point out lewes are down as rich when they are operating on the lowest budget in the bsp and are very nearly bust. however, the game is great so it doesnt matter too much!

To be fair, I found this as an annoying problem last year. Especially when Spurs at the start had the amazing total of £5.25 million, which for a club that had finished in the top 5 for two seasons before that, seemed amazingly low.

I think its in the FM game as well, started a demo game at Sporting in Portugal, only had £2.1 million to spend.

Archived