FM09 Game Refund

Just in case anyone is interested,

I have managed to get a refund from Game for FM09, the route I took was to insist that I had been sold a faulty product and requested a refund based on the fact that they guarantee to refund faulty software within three months of purchase (check their website).

The told me that they do not refund PC Games, I told them that I had not been informed of this on purchase and none of their advertising material states this.

They then attempted to tell me that it was because my machine wasn't up to spec, reading off the codename of my CPU, it's timings and Cache, along with the CAS setting on my RAM rectified this, they then said that it was a fault with my machine, I confirmed that I had tried to run it on three different machines.

They then offered to exchange it, I said I was happy to take another copy - but enquired as to how many copies I would have to go through before I was offered a refund.

Persevere and you will succeed.

Stedders

Anyone pre-ordered from Play.com?

I hope this is the case for play.com as I went out and bought it again as it still hasn't arrived and I pre-ordered my copy in September ....

It is supposed to arrive on release date but it still hasn't arrived four delivery days on.

Now that I have it I wish I hadn't bothered, nothing but problems!!!!:mad:

I went to get a refund from GAME where i bought it and they refused point blank, the managers reply was we have'nt had any returns so it down to you or your computer. :mad:

Bull it's a brand new laptop that i bought last week specifically to the NEW game on guess i wasted some of my money there as i would'nt have bought it otherwise. Looks like im added to the list of lost customers to SI. :thdn:

I had my laptop with me and offered to show him the responses on here and he just started to walk away Game have now also lost a loyal customer through an arogant manager.

I went to get a refund from GAME where i bought it and they refused point blank, the managers reply was we have'nt had any returns so it down to you or your computer. :mad:

Bull it's a brand new laptop that i bought last week specifically to the NEW game on guess i wasted some of my money there as i would'nt have bought it otherwise. Looks like im added to the list of lost customers to SI. :thdn:

I had my laptop with me and offered to show him the responses on here and he just started to walk away Game have now also lost a loyal customer through an arogant manager.

have you tried to play it again? what was happening?

If a product is in its original packaging/unopened then it should be fine.

Why couldn't you run it ?

I couldn't run the game, I couldn't get the game to install until Saturday morning, then it just crashed whenever I started it - spent most of Saturday and Sunday trying to get it working.

No one was able to assist me, as such I felt that I wasted several hours of my life on an unfinished, buggy product and completely let down by the Developer and Publisher, may never buy a game developed, published or distributed by either of them again...

Cheers

Luke

I hope this is the case for play.com as I went out and bought it again as it still hasn't arrived and I pre-ordered my copy in September ....

It is supposed to arrive on release date but it still hasn't arrived four delivery days on.

Now that I have it I wish I hadn't bothered, nothing but problems!!!!:mad:

I had mine pre-ordered months in advance and it still didn't arrive from play.com until saturday. Not impressed with Play.com

Which store was that?

Just say your wife/g'friend/b'friend etc had surprised you with a copy so you now have two copies - if they ask why it's opened then say you read the instruction book on the bus/train home.

If they challenge then you could call a friend upto borrow their copy to show it - then again surely it all works by now?

From http://www.game.co.uk/Help/~h9824/Returns/...

"Faulty software where the seal has been broken may be returned up to 3 months after the despatch date."

No mention is made of exceptions for PC games, complain that it is faulty and ask for a refund, they will probably offer you an exchange, accept it, try it, if it still doesn't work then return and say it is faulty - they will get sick of you after three returns.

Cheers

Stedders

Me too. Despatch notice on Wednesday. Arrived Saturday.

Luke - in fairness - you're quite lucky to get a refund, I doubt everyone

The code isn't faulty in the way that Game's refund means - if it was, it wouldn't work on anyone's machine. I don't have enough detail to confirm what caused your issues specifically, obviously.

However you have my full sympathy. If you'd like to try again at any point, contact me via PM and I'll do my best to identify what is causing the problem and have our customer services contact you personally to give you the best chance of getting the game working.

Cheers

Matt

Archived