TT&F's...omg, crazy or what?

I've just been reading the PDF file I downloaded, its the Tactcial, Theorems and Frameworks document. I've never gone into anything this deep before. I came across it because...I was looking for training schedules, I decided to give it a read and i'm very surprised about how i've never done any of the things mentioned in the PDF document. I'm currently upto page 24 of the document.

What surprises me is how realistic it is...I mean I watch Football on TV and when the pundits talk tactics I always think..."Yeah, yeah...whatever, I want to watch the match or see some goals from this season from this team or player rather than this dribble drobble". but wow...fascinating, i'm definetly going to change my tactics now, it all makes so much sense what the sliders do, the mentality system is unreal...I never thought of it the way its explained.

Is anyone else new to this or has anyone read it and not read it before or used anything like that? Its totally crazy that FM is more tactically involving than I ever thought :)

• Administrators

I've read it and found it outstanding - although I considered myself fairly clued up on the system before so have only looked a couple of areas I was unsure of, mainly the players mentality and defensive lines. I'm not saying by reading this you'll make a super tactic, but you can certainly get your teams to play almost exactly how you want to.

For those of you who haven't seen it, the thread link is here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61144

I wonder how much effect all these things truly have, though.

It's quite possible to be very successful by setting a formation with the most basic player instructions at the start of the season and never touching tactics except to substitute players and occasionally jump to all-out attacking mentality.

I've read it and found it outstanding - although I considered myself fairly clued up on the system before so have only looked a couple of areas I was unsure of, mainly the players mentality and defensive lines. I'm not saying by reading this you'll make a super tactic, but you can certainly get your teams to play almost exactly how you want to.

For those of you who haven't seen it, the thread link is here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61144

Yeah...making my players do what I want them to do is what its all about, still very surprised as i've never come across anything like this before :D

• Administrators
I wonder how much effect all these things truly have, though.

It's quite possible to be very successful by setting a formation with the most basic player instructions at the start of the season and never touching tactics except to substitute players and occasionally jump to all-out attacking mentality.

With certain teams absolutely, but the best players can play in any formation and make it work. Try doing that with an awful lower league team and see how you do ;)

As we stated somewhere, it is a playing methodology that offers much greater immersion into the FM-verse. Pretty much everybody who starts playing the TT&F way continues playing that way, as it makes FM a much richer experience. That's not to say other methods don't work equally as well, or perhaps better. What TT&F gives is a real feeling of how your decisions change the match and enables you to apply a personal stamp to your tactical approach. You can see your players change their playing style when you change their instructions, which adds to the feeling of being in control. From experience with other TT&F converts, it takes about three seasons for everything to become second nature, but, once it does the final outcome is well worth it.

Furthermore, the basic methodology has remained stable from FM7 to 09, so once you can play this way, you can shift from FM to FM without the whole 'OMG, I need to relearn tactics from scratch again' feeling. I'm glad you are getting something out of it. I hope it transforms the FM playing experience for you.

As we stated somewhere, it is a playing methodology that offers much greater immersion into the FM-verse. Pretty much everybody who starts playing the TT&F way continues playing that way, as it makes FM a much richer experience. That's not to say other methods don't work equally as well, or perhaps better. What TT&F gives is a real feeling of how your decisions change the match and enables you to apply a personal stamp to your tactical approach. You can see your players change their playing style when you change their instructions, which adds to the feeling of being in control. From experience with other TT&F converts, it takes about three seasons for everything to become second nature, but, once it does the final outcome is well worth it.

Furthermore, the basic methodology has remained stable from FM7 to 09, so once you can play this way, you can shift from FM to FM without the whole 'OMG, I need to relearn tactics from scratch again' feeling. I'm glad you are getting something out of it. I hope it transforms the FM playing experience for you.

And the good and important thing is while I was reading it seemed so vastly logical; everything that is explained in the document. Furthermore it made me seem stupid not to have noticed this being a close follower of football, and since its greatly logical and without noticing...obvious common sense once you have thought about it, am I safe to say that this system is as realistic to the real footballing world of tactics and that it will not change for future FM's?

Oh and this is something I will feed my appetite on, especially with getting it exactly right!

So you wrote it? Or had a part in its thought process?

I wrote a good 80% of it and the crib sheet. Millie wrote the rest and made most of the supporting tactics and the wizard. The thought process, which was kicked off by TT&F 06, originated with me, but since then, especially since 07, it has a lot of contributory minds that collect at FM-Britain (currently, and hopefully temporarily, offline).

I wrote a good 80% of it and the crib sheet. Millie wrote the rest and made most of the supporting tactics and the wizard. The thought process, which was kicked off by TT&F 06, originated with me, but since then, especially since 07, it has a lot of contributory minds that collect at FM-Britain (currently, and hopefully temporarily, offline).

Wow, thats pretty good stuff by you then :D , haven't had a look at the crib sheet yet.

It's when you listen to the supporting podcast (Get Sacked in iTunes) that I know we have you ;)

I'll have to get round to that another time. Just looked at the crib sheet, the crib sheet is a summary nicely done for quick reference...cool.

Archived