SiS Mirage 3 Graphics - Is this good enough?

Guest andygregory

I have this graphics card in my laptop, and despite the rest of the laptops' specs being more than enough, loading the game crashes the whole system and it reboots. I also have the most up to date drivers for it and directx.

I hope you have better luck than I did

I havnt downloaded the demo, i may do this later, and give it a go. The main reason i never take my laptop online so i will have to transfer it from this computer to it.

Yeah i gathered it was gonna be a shoddy graphics card, but should that effect 2D play? So you cant even get inot the game andygregory?

• 1 month later...
Guest andygregory
So you cant even get inot the game andygregory?

that's correct..... however I've just managed to get the game working :)

From reading this SIS thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64900

and the known issues thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63556

I did this,

Installed the game from fresh and applied the 9.2.0 patch before starting the game for the first time. Then added the -small_screen -windowed tag to the desktop shortcut to force windowed mode. Then I turned off hardware acceleration (described in that SIS thread... "putting my hardware acceleration setting to zero. Start-control panel-display-settings-advanced-troubleshoot-turn slider to none-make sure box is ticked")

When I fired up FM2009 for the first time after doing all of the above, I got the "Failed to set up graphics system" error, so followed the instructions to download and install the latest update from Microsoft DirectX SDK at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en.

After installing that and rebooting my laptop, the game worked first try. I'm now playing it without any problems so far :) I haven't tried 3D mode so far yet, however I don't want to chance it crashing my laptop.

hope that helps

Andy

Guest andygregory
FWIW SIS have always catered for the absolute bottom of the budget system/solution.

I wouldn't touch a SIS chipset personally.

Better to try for an Intel GMA (X3100 +) if you MUST have integrated graphics.

I don't think everyone has the money to buy a super duper laptop, especially while this financial mess is going on. I got my laptop to take to work with me and generally mess about on at home so didn't want to spend too much. I didn't get it to play games so didnt take much notice of the graphics spec. But apart from the SIS graphics on this laptop, it's not a bad spec at all considering the price I paid for it. However it's now a bonus that I can play FM2009 in 2D :)

saying that, FM2009 absolutely flies along in 3D on my 8600GTS in my desktop wahoooooooooooooooooooooo

Guest andygregory
Super duper would be 700-1.5k price range.

Better than SIS would be anything not 300 euro and likely to break if you sneeze in it's general direction. :thup:

okie dokie

• 3 weeks later...

hello guys

i have the same problem , i can start the game only with patch 9.2 and with the hardware acceleration at zero.

i red all the threads with SiS mirage problems but can't find a proper sollution ,

my question is : is there a proper sollution yet ? to play the game in 3d mode.

grt Peter ( from the netherlands:) )

Archived