The Dust Is Starting To Settle

Its been quite a frantic night in the world of FM and the SI forums with the launch of FM09. Most of the day ppl have been moaning and crying becoz of faults with authenticating except for the more understanding and patient few. Alot of the complaints didnt really help anyone except anger them more by making the forums slow down with over 5000 ppl, the majority bad mouthing the SI team even before they had the game up and running.

At roughly 8:30 pm on my watch the gates opened and i was allowed in, at first i strolled through the gates of FM 09 taking each step cooly but then i started to pick up pace as i choose my leagues and added my manager profile. After much debate with myself about which team to choose i finally ended taking up the hot seat at Tranmere Rovers a team i neither support or know much about historically.

I started straight away as i always do by sorting my coaching staff out and training schedules. After a quick dabble on the transfer market i made a few free agent offers for a striker and 2 midfielders, and then the time came for me to choose my squad as my first pre-season arrived. After selecting my side and tactics i was ready for the match, i lost to QPR 2-1, and then my second match i beat Vauxhall 3-0 and with my 3rd match about to begin...................it hit me like a frying pan across the right side of my face.........I was playing the best managment game i have ever played............and after all the dust has settled from all bad mouthing and insults hurled at the SI team for some minor glitches with the demo and problems with installation on the release day of the game, it really is worth repeating that u really have made the best management game out there and out-done urselfs this season.

But all that matters is that i beat Vauxhall 3-0!!, something that i hope to emulate in my next freindly against Chelsea reserves. Lol. Hope everyone else enjoys the game as much as me!!. :)

people who bought the game and then couldn't play because of some futile DRM have every right to complain about it.

Yes they do but only if they do it sensibly and reaonably politely. Verbally abusing SI, sega and anyone else they can think of will not get them any help any quicker.

plz keep the posts in here positive for FM i dont like negative vibes they interefere with my chi. Those ppl who are better than everyone else and want a big cuddle coz they have the right to moan and there upset coz they lost a few hours needn't reply in this thread. but if u have praise and good comments by all means share the love.

I finally got it going and decided to start a game with Derby. First thing I want to say is that... this game seems REALLY hard! Injuries still seem a bit too high. Players just don't ever reach a decent level of fitness. But I'm enjoying it. It's gonna be a struggle, though. I can see me ending up sacked. I don't know what Derby fans think, but I'm struck by the fact that the squad is large and yet.. devoid of any quality! :(

Archived