Steam and Finances

Hey,

I'm delighted with the game, it's worked perfect since I bought it this morning, best game so far and the activation key is a great idea. I was just wondering why FM decided to use Steam? It doesn't bring anything to the game except the pain of registering before you can install.

Also, was wondering how FM figure out clubs finances? When Mike Ashley bought Newcastle he payed off their loans but they have 150m loan on the game so was wondering how FM figure out the finances to give clubs and the loans the owe etc...

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Hey,

I'm delighted with the game, it's worked perfect since I bought it this morning, best game so far and the activation key is a great idea. I was just wondering why FM decided to use Steam? It doesn't bring anything to the game except the pain of registering before you can install.

Also, was wondering how FM figure out clubs finances? When Mike Ashley bought Newcastle he payed off their loans but they have 150m loan on the game so was wondering how FM figure out the finances to give clubs and the loans the owe etc...

Any help appreciated, thanks.

As far as Steam goes I really hope SI never uses them again. Actually this is the first time I'm finding out you have to install steam even from a boxed copy, and that's so stupid as I bought the boxed game (hasn't shipped yet) just so I would avoid Steam.

Anyway I was wondering about Newcastle too... they are my club and I know that while Ashley didn't wipe out the debt completely, he did take off a huge amount. So with that in mind there's absolutely no way we still owe 150m. Maybe 30 or 40, but not 150.

As far as Steam goes I really hope SI never uses them again. Actually this is the first time I'm finding out you have to install steam even from a boxed copy, and that's so stupid as I bought the boxed game (hasn't shipped yet) just so I would avoid Steam.

I've got a boxed copy, up and running and haven't used Steam. I wouldn't touch Steam tbh.

Nobody know about finances then?

Yeah, I'm Man Utd but my Mums husband supports Newcastle and he said Ashley invested about 100mil to wipe out the debts Newcastle had so its a bit strange. Plus Man Utd owing nearly 700mil has been there since Glazer bought us and with him owning two sports teams it can't be 700mil that they owe. Plus it is Glazer's debt, not Man Utd's. I was just wondering about the finances anyway.

As for Steam its a waste of time, even thought I have had no problems I just find it annoying having to use the internet to play the game, its stupid! Patches have always been available to download without Steam so it doesn't bring anything to the game at all.

Put the DVD in, installed it, patched it then ran and authenticated it. Did it at lunch time too, a time when pretty much everyone seems to be saying it wasn't working properly, if at all.

So far I've had no problems either, quit and restarted the game, loaded up a save, no crashes.

Maybe I was lucky, maybe it was because I patched before authenticating. I don't know.

You do not have to use STEAM - there are 3 authentication options (STEAM, Uniloc and telephone).

We advise people do though, as it brings automatic patching and updates, with very fast bandwidth.

uniloc and the phone did not work for me for 4 hours today...?? 3 options..... righto

Steam was great no problem with them at all.

And the debt for Newcastle is probably the money Ashley has put in because if he clears off then it will revert back into a debt for the club same as Chelsea are living on borrowed money from Roman.

Nobody know about finances then?

Plus Man Utd owing nearly 700mil has been there since Glazer bought us and with him owning two sports teams it can't be 700mil that they owe. Plus it is Glazer's debt, not Man Utd's.

It is Manchester United's debt. Once Glazers takeover went through he loaded the debt onto the club, as such it is Manchester United's responsibility to repay the debt. Don't forget that Glazer owns Manchester United totally so he can do as he wishes with them, including using the money the club makes to pay the debts run up in buying said club. It seems mad at first glance, but Manchester United's profits are Glazers profits/income and of course he uses his income to repay his debts.

You do not have to use STEAM - there are 3 authentication options (STEAM, Uniloc and telephone).

We advise people do though, as it brings automatic patching and updates, with very fast bandwidth.

I am not going to criticize here as neither SI or Sega run or own Uniloc - however, how come when I tried to Authenticate through STEAM - it took me to Uniloc - that is the main annoyance I had - apart from the 8 hours in-front of the computer to get it going.

Archived