any NEW news on the patch?

Only that its being released on the 14th and if you bought from Steam you will get the patch automatically. The keyboard problem that some users had has been fixed and I think they were fixing the injuries problem aswell

I am sure Miles will announce the changes in the patch as soon as he can

The patch isn't going well so far, 7 players a match now get injured so they're working on that. To compensate for a possible later patch release date, it will come with a virtual reality helmet which will improve the 3D. Also the patch will automatically have you 'opt in' to an identity stealing scheme.

At April 1st the game will shut down and uninstall itself as an April Fools, thanks to the patch.*

*Ok, I don't know anything new, but for some reason you're expecting us to.

Iif we buy the game from a shop can we still be auto updates from STEAM?

This has been answered in numerous other threads, but one more time:

If you buy FM in the shops you have 3 options for activating the game (which you will be given when you either first run or are installing the game).

1) Telephone (for those without internet access)

2) An online activation

3) Steam - and if you choose to activate via steam you will get updates automatically.

Yes, a boxed version can be authenticated via Steam and then you can get the auto updates. To be honest, it'll probably be just as quick to come on here and download the patch manually as it'll almost certainly be uploaded to here before Steam has it.

thats true, why i didn't buy it from there.

Archived